MGeol (Hons) Geology
Fascinated by the evolution of the Earth and the way our planet works? Do you want to go deeper than it’s possible to on a three-year degree? Our four year undergraduate geology course will develop your knowledge and skills to masters-level through advanced fieldwork, research training and opportunities to establish links with industry professionals, priming you for success in a range of geological careers in academia, government or industry.
You will learn from the experience and expertise of our highly qualified staff. Varied teaching practices range from seminars and tutorials to practical classes and workshops. You’ll work towards becoming a Chartered Geologist, our accreditation by the Geological Society helps you to gain the required experience. You’ll also have the opportunity to spend your second or fourth year studying abroad in Canada, Australia, USA or elsewhere through our direct exchange, Erasmus or ISEP programmes.
2020 NSS results for our Earth Science degrees including MGeol (Hons) Geology
- 97% of students felt that staff were good at explaining things.
- 94% of students agreed the course was intellectually stimulating.
- 94% of students were satisfied overall with the quality of the course.
- 96% of students felt they had been able to access course-specific resources (e.g., equipment, facilities, software and collections) when needed.
- 93% of students were satisfied with the teaching.
- 100% satisfaction rate for overall teaching on the course.
- 100% of students said our staff were good at explaining things and made the subject interesting.
- 100% of students said the course was intellectually stimulating.