MGeol (Hons) Geology
The Geosciences are critical to shaping the future of our planet. Geologists use their knowledge of the earth’s evolution and the physical, chemical and biological process that shape our planet, to pioneer sustainable futures.
Our four-year undergraduate geology degree will develop your knowledge and skills to masters-level through advanced fieldwork, research training and opportunities to establish links with industry professionals, priming you for success in a range of geological careers in academia, government or industry. New modules explore geohazards and risk, clean energy transitions, and long term environmental change.
2020 NSS results for our Earth Science degrees including MGeol (Hons) Geology
- 97% of students felt that staff were good at explaining things.
- 94% of students agreed the course was intellectually stimulating.
- 94% of students were satisfied overall with the quality of the course.
- 96% of students felt they had been able to access course-specific resources (e.g., equipment, facilities, software and collections) when needed.
- 100% satisfaction rate for overall teaching on the course.
- 100% of students said our staff were good at explaining things and made the subject interesting.
- 100% of students said the course was intellectually stimulating.