Public mailing list
As a member of the public you can sign up to our mailing list to receive our monthly e-bulletin and updates about University of Plymouth and public sustainability events, workshops and news.
University of Plymouth staff and student mailing list
As a member of staff or a student at the University of Plymouth (or a partner college) you can
mailing list to receive our monthly e-bulletin and updates about sustainability events, workshops, research funding calls and news.
Please note - if you do not have a registered University of Plymouth or partner college email address you will be moved to the public mailing list.
If you’re an academic looking for a connection to industry, an organisation looking for academic research support or an individual who is inspired to work towards a sustainable future then contact us to find out how we can help
Towards a sustainable Earth
The Sustainable Earth Institute is about promoting a new way of thinking about the future of our world.
We bring researchers together with businesses, community groups and individuals to develop cutting-edge research and innovative approaches that build resilience to global challenges. We link diverse research areas across the University including science, engineering, arts, humanities, health and business.
If you’re an academic looking for a connection to industry, an organisation looking for academic research support or an individual who is inspired to work towards a sustainable future then contact us at email@example.com to find out how we can help.
We need to celebrate and recognise our complex, dynamic, and unique world – after all, good planets are hard to find.
Professor Iain Stewart, Director of the Sustainable Earth Institute
- Sustainability under the spotlight in collaborative research project for the creative industries 10 December 2020
- University unveils Container Café as part of commitment to campus sustainability 16 November 2020
- Festival of research and discovery comes to Plymouth 3 November 2020
- University shortlisted for three accolades at the Green Gown Awards 20 October 2020
- Research project to investigate whether thermal imaging can promote the early identification of defects in construction projects 24 June 2020
- Circular Economy at the University of Plymouth 25 January 2021
- Future Plymouth 2030 27 January 2021 16:00 - 18:00
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 29 January 2021 15:30 - 15:45
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 5 February 2021 15:30 - 15:45
- Future Plymouth 2030 10 February 2021 16:00 - 18:00
Sustainability courses and programmes
Plymouth offers a range of sustainability themed courses and programmes, including architecture, entrepreneurship, consultancy, design, engineering and planning.Find out more about our courses and programmes
Professor Stephen Sterling, Chair of the Sustainability Executive Group
A whole institutional approach to sustainability
University of Plymouth has an established reputation both nationally and internationally as a leader in the higher education sector for sustainability.Find out more about sustainability at Plymouth