Towards a sustainable Earth
The Sustainable Earth Institute is about promoting a new way of thinking about the future of our world.
We bring researchers together with businesses, community groups and individuals to develop cutting-edge research and innovative approaches that build resilience to global challenges. We link diverse research areas across the University including science, engineering, arts, humanities, health and business.
If you’re an academic looking for a connection to industry, an organisation looking for academic research support or an individual who is inspired to work towards a sustainable future then contact us at email@example.com to find out how we can help.
We need to celebrate and recognise our complex, dynamic, and unique world - after all, good planets are hard to find.
Professor Iain Stewart, Director of the Sustainable Earth Institute
- Scientists join climate task force to deliver Devon’s carbon plan 28 August 2019
- University of Plymouth coastal engineer heads up prestigious journal special issue on heritage structures 22 August 2019
- Soil erosion image to feature in national showcase of science photography 14 August 2019
- University works with city partners to enhance parks and green spaces 12 August 2019
- Study identifies way to enhance the sustainability of manufactured soils 2 August 2019
- Recycling on campus (CANCELLED) 17 September 2019
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 20 September 2019 15:30 - 15:45
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 27 September 2019 15:30 - 15:45
- Life Cycle Assessment for SMEs 1 October 2019 09:00 - 12:00
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 4 October 2019 15:30 - 15:45
Sustainability courses and programmes
Plymouth offers a range of sustainability themed courses and programmes, including architecture, entrepreneurship, consultancy, design, engineering and planning.Find out more about our courses and programmes
Professor Stephen Sterling, Chair of the Sustainability Executive Group
A whole institutional approach to sustainability
University of Plymouth has an established reputation both nationally and internationally as a leader in the higher education sector for sustainability.Find out more about sustainability at Plymouth