Public mailing list
As a member of the public you can sign up to our mailing list to receive our monthly e-bulletin and updates about University of Plymouth and public sustainability events, workshops and news.
University of Plymouth staff and student mailing list
As a member of staff or a student at the University of Plymouth (or a partner college) you can
mailing list to receive our monthly e-bulletin and updates about sustainability events, workshops, research funding calls and news.
Please note - if you do not have a registered University of Plymouth or partner college email address you will be moved to the public mailing list.
If you’re an academic looking for a connection to industry, an organisation looking for academic research support or an individual who is inspired to work towards a sustainable future then contact us to find out how we can help
Towards a sustainable Earth
The Sustainable Earth Institute is about promoting a new way of thinking about the future of our world.
We bring researchers together with businesses, community groups and individuals to develop cutting-edge research and innovative approaches that build resilience to global challenges.
We link diverse research areas across the University including science, engineering, arts, humanities, health and business.
If you’re an academic looking for a connection to industry, an organisation looking for academic research support or an individual who is inspired to work towards a sustainable future then contact us at email@example.com to find out how we can help.
We need to celebrate and recognise our complex, dynamic, and unique world – after all, good planets are hard to find.
Interdisciplinary challenge themes
The SEI brings together researchers across the University to collaborate on key sustainability challenges. Four interdisciplinary challenge themes are currently in focus and provide opportunities for SEI activities, including our Small Collaborative Funding scheme.
Read more about the interdisciplinary challenge themes
Funding Call Workshop
Monday, 15 November 2021,
Rolle Plaza Marquee
Are you interested in seed funding to carry out a small piece of interdisciplinary research that will support a larger funding bid?
Join us at this workshop, bringing researchers together to explore collaborations on key sustainability challenges.
- Hear about the 2030 SEI Strategic Plan and challenge themes for 21/22
- Hear about the latest policy updates and current activities in these areas
- Find out how to apply for this year’s Small Collaborative Awards funding
- Network with researchers interested in research collaborations
- Deadline approaching for Devon Net Zero Innovation Fund applications 21 October 2021
- Plymouth takes the lead as universities commit to climate action 20 October 2021
- Plymouth academic contributes to new NHS resource on sustainability 14 October 2021
- Construction begins on innovative CobBauge research building 11 October 2021
- City partners set to launch second season of Future Plymouth 2030 webinars 28 September 2021
- Plymouth's Festival of Nature (BOOKINGS CLOSED) 27 October 2021 11:00 - 21:00
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 29 October 2021 15:30 - 15:45
- Grey to Green 1 November 2021 14:00 - 16:30
- Future Plymouth 2030 2 November 2021 16:00 - 18:00
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 5 November 2021 15:30 - 15:45
Sustainability courses and programmes
Plymouth offers a range of sustainability themed courses and programmes, including architecture, entrepreneurship, consultancy, design, engineering and planning.Find out more about our courses and programmes
Professor Stephen Sterling, Chair of the Sustainability Executive Group
A whole institutional approach to sustainability
University of Plymouth has an established reputation both nationally and internationally as a leader in the higher education sector for sustainability.Find out more about sustainability at Plymouth