Featured news and events
Enter the Sustainable Earth Institute photography competition (Deadline: 31 March 2017)
Call for papers: Sustainable Earth 2017 - showcase your research or initiative (Deadline: 5 March 2017)
Student sustainability research prize 2017
Call for applications: Research Impact Challenge from the Sustainable Earth Institute and Graduate School. Deadline: 19 February 2017
Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Event
Sustainable Earth Institute public talk: Communicating contested environmental science - an evening with Defra Chief Scientific Adviser, Professor Ian Boyd
Towards a sustainable Earth
The Sustainable Earth Institute is about promoting a new way of thinking about the future of our world.
We bring researchers together with businesses, community groups and individuals to develop cutting-edge research and innovative approaches that build resilience to global challenges. We link diverse research areas across the University including science, engineering, arts, humanities, health and business.
If you’re an academic looking for a connection to industry, an organisation looking for academic research support or an individual who is inspired to work towards a sustainable future then contact us to find out how we can help.
We need to celebrate and recognise our complex, dynamic, and unique world - after all, good planets are hard to find.
Sustainable Earth on Twitter Tweets from @plymearth
- Academic to address International Surfing Symposium in Australia 22 December 2016
- Energy companies celebrate merger at the University 22 December 2016
- University earns new national award in recognition of sustainable commitments 29 November 2016
- University scores success with fifth Green Gown Award 11 November 2016
- Plymouth study demonstrates potential support for ban on microbeads in cosmetics 10 November 2016
- Student sustainability workshops and events 24 January 2017 18:30 - 19:30
- Ecocide: The Earth needs a lawyer 24 January 2017 18:30 - 19:30
- Responsible supply chain transformation 24 January 2017 18:00 - 20:00
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 27 January 2017 15:30 - 15:45
- Student sustainability workshops and events 1 February 2017 16:00 - 18:00
Sustainabilty courses and programmes
Plymouth offers a range of sustainability themed courses and programmes, including architecture, entrepreneurship, consultancy, design, engineering and planning.Find out more
A whole institutional approach to sustainability
Plymouth University has an established a reputation both nationally and internationally as a leader in the higher education sector for sustainabilityFind out more about sustainability at Plymouth