Featured news and events
Save the date for Sustainable Earth 2018 - 28 and 29 June
Read the latest edition of Sphere - research stories from the Sustainable Earth Institute
Scientists develop harvesting robots that could revolutionise farming practices
Towards a sustainable Earth
The Sustainable Earth Institute is about promoting a new way of thinking about the future of our world.
We bring researchers together with businesses, community groups and individuals to develop cutting-edge research and innovative approaches that build resilience to global challenges. We link diverse research areas across the University including science, engineering, arts, humanities, health and business.
If you’re an academic looking for a connection to industry, an organisation looking for academic research support or an individual who is inspired to work towards a sustainable future then contact us at email@example.com to find out how we can help.
We need to celebrate and recognise our complex, dynamic, and unique world - after all, good planets are hard to find.
Sustainable Earth on Twitter Tweets from @plymearth
The University of Plymouth are proud to be a partner on the Agri-Tech Cornwall project, a £10million initiative to help the United Kingdom become a world leader in agricultural technology and sustainability.
Researchers from the University will share their expertise and collaborate with small and medium-sized Cornish companies to research the future sustainability of the sector.
United Downs Deep Geothermal Power
The United Downs Geothermal Power project (UDDGP) is an innovative multi-partner, cross-disciplinary endeavour to explore if geothermal technology can produce commercial energy in the UK. The project will run for three years and is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Researchers from geology, psychology and sociology at the University of Plymouth will undertake research relating to the public perception and communication of geothermal power, geothermal technologies and the subsurface environment.
- University signs deal to help launch new recycling campaign 8 February 2018
- National award success for Rail Partnership 25 October 2017
- University committed to embedding sustainability in post-16 education 4 October 2017
- Helping nurses stay green – launch of new UK platform 27 July 2017
- National figurehead praises nursing sustainability project 25 July 2017
- Foodie Fest 22 February 2018 10:30 - 14:00
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 23 February 2018 15:30 - 15:45
- UK Nuclear: from new generation to deep burial 28 February 2018 18:30 - 20:00
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 2 March 2018 15:30 - 15:45
- Is That Fish in Your Tomato? - The Fact and Fiction of GM Foods 6 March 2018 18:30 - 20:00
Sustainability courses and programmes
Plymouth offers a range of sustainability themed courses and programmes, including architecture, entrepreneurship, consultancy, design, engineering and planning.Find out more about our courses and programmes
Professor Stephen Sterling, Chair of the Sustainability Executive Group
A whole institutional approach to sustainability
Plymouth University has an established reputation both nationally and internationally as a leader in the higher education sector for sustainability.Find out more about sustainability at Plymouth