Public mailing list
As a member of the public you can sign up to our mailing list to receive our monthly e-bulletin and updates about University of Plymouth and public sustainability events, workshops and news.
University of Plymouth staff and student mailing list
As a member of staff or a student at the University of Plymouth (or a partner college) you can mailing list to receive our monthly e-bulletin and updates about sustainability events, workshops, research funding calls and news.
Please note - if you do not have a registered University of Plymouth or partner college email address you will be moved to the public mailing list.
Sustaining life on Earth
Join the new Sustainable Earth Institute Research Forum
- Are you interested in inter/trans-disciplinary research?
- Are you interested in research funding and collaboration opportunities?
- Are you interested in joining a group of likeminded researchers wanting to make a difference and join up to tackle local and global challenges?
SEI Small Collaborative Funding Workshop
Are you interested in seed funding to carry out a small piece of interdisciplinary research that will support a larger funding bid?
- Find out about the key interdisciplinary challenge themes for 2023.
- Hear from last year’s winners and how to apply for this year’s funding.
- Network with researchers who are interested in collaborating.
Explore our research
Explore leading research in areas including natural resources, biodiversity, built environment, transport, agriculture, behaviour change and more.
Collaborate with us
By connecting academic expertise with the wider world, we support enterprise, business, industry and community to take collaborative action towards a more sustainable future.
Centre for Systems Thinking: Ocean, Land and Society
The Centre for Systems Thinking: Ocean, Land and Society champions a whole-system transdisciplinary approach to solutions-oriented research to improve planetary health. The Centre brings together an unrivalled critical mass of catchment-coast-ocean expertise from across the University’s Strategic Research Institutes to address 21st century challenges alongside national and international policy.
- University shortlisted for research and community impact at Green Gown Awards 14 July 2022
- Company makes significant progress with raspberry harvesting robots 1 June 2022
- Plymouth named among world’s top universities for marine excellence and climate action 27 April 2022
- First UK charging network for electric maritime vessels launched in Plymouth 27 April 2022
- International call for greater appreciation and understanding of the world’s sand resources 26 April 2022
- Regenesis: feeding the world without devouring the planet 26 September 2022 19:00 - 20:30
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 30 September 2022 15:30 - 15:45
- Tree identification and seed gathering event 5 October 2022 10:00 - 12:00
- Bringing our urban landscapes back to life 5 October 2022 18:00 - 19:00
- A Mini Flax Farm in the City 6 October 2022 16:00 - 19:00
Sustainability is embedded not just in research across the University but also in our course provision, education methods and campus operations.
Sustainability courses and programmes
Plymouth offers a range of sustainability themed courses and programmes across many disciplines.
Discover how the Centre for Sustainable Futures works to embed sustainability across our faculties.
Explore how the University is committed to sustainability across campus and all aspects of its operation.