Featured news and events
Registration now open: Sustainable Earth 2017 (29 and 30 June)
Event: UK preview of the NurSus TOOLKIT (2 May)
Event: Soil erosion challenges in East Africa: public lecture and photojournalism exhibition (23 May)
Towards a sustainable Earth
The Sustainable Earth Institute is about promoting a new way of thinking about the future of our world.
We bring researchers together with businesses, community groups and individuals to develop cutting-edge research and innovative approaches that build resilience to global challenges. We link diverse research areas across the University including science, engineering, arts, humanities, health and business.
If you’re an academic looking for a connection to industry, an organisation looking for academic research support or an individual who is inspired to work towards a sustainable future then contact us at email@example.com to find out how we can help.
We need to celebrate and recognise our complex, dynamic, and unique world - after all, good planets are hard to find.
Sustainable Earth on Twitter Tweets from @plymearth
Building resilience to natural hazards
Find out about how Plymouth University researchers are building resilience to volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis and flooding.
- GWave tests new device in COAST Lab 16 February 2017
- Academic to address International Surfing Symposium in Australia 22 December 2016
- Energy companies celebrate merger at the University 22 December 2016
- University earns new national award in recognition of sustainable commitments 29 November 2016
- University scores success with fifth Green Gown Award 11 November 2016
- Innovation in Pedagogy Café 26 April 2017 14:00 - 15:00
- Student sustainability workshops and events 26 April 2017 13:30 - 17:00
- Is there a contradiction in the ICE code of conduct? 27 April 2017 18:00 - 19:30
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 28 April 2017 15:30 - 15:45
- UK preview of the NurSusTOOLKIT 2 May 2017 13:00 - 16:30
Sustainability courses and programmes
Plymouth offers a range of sustainability themed courses and programmes, including architecture, entrepreneurship, consultancy, design, engineering and planning.Find out more about our courses and programmes
A whole institutional approach to sustainability
Plymouth University has an established reputation both nationally and internationally as a leader in the higher education sector for sustainability.Find out more about sustainability at Plymouth