Towards a sustainable Earth
The Sustainable Earth Institute is about promoting a new way of thinking about the future of our world.
We bring researchers together with businesses, community groups and individuals to develop cutting-edge research and innovative approaches that build resilience to global challenges. We link diverse research areas across the University including science, engineering, arts, humanities, health and business.
If you’re an academic looking for a connection to industry, an organisation looking for academic research support or an individual who is inspired to work towards a sustainable future then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help.
We need to celebrate and recognise our complex, dynamic, and unique world - after all, good planets are hard to find.
Professor Iain Stewart, Director of the Sustainable Earth Institute
- Research investigates impact of climate change on glacier-fed rivers in Peru 21 March 2019
- Scientists use a blender to reveal what’s in our smartphones 14 March 2019
- Event shows how £6.4m project can have positive impact for businesses 8 February 2019
- Interdisciplinary approach the only way to address devastating effects of soil erosion 7 February 2019
- Staying green on the scene – why it’s important to lower carbon emissions within the ambulance service 4 February 2019
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 29 March 2019 15:30 - 15:45
- Critical Directions in Green Criminology 2 April 2019 09:45 - 16:15
- Tamar Valley Food Hubs 5 April 2019 15:30 - 15:45
- Centre for Mathematical Sciences course: Big Data 8 April 2019 13:30 - 17:30
- Centre for Mathematical Sciences course: Big Data 9 April 2019 13:30 - 17:30
Sustainability courses and programmes
Plymouth offers a range of sustainability themed courses and programmes, including architecture, entrepreneurship, consultancy, design, engineering and planning.Find out more about our courses and programmes
Professor Stephen Sterling, Chair of the Sustainability Executive Group
A whole institutional approach to sustainability
University of Plymouth has an established reputation both nationally and internationally as a leader in the higher education sector for sustainability.Find out more about sustainability at Plymouth