Featured news and events
Register now for Sustainable Earth 2017 (29 and 30 June)
View the event programme for Sustainable Earth 2017
Read the marketplace abstracts for Sustainable Earth 2017
Towards a sustainable Earth
The Sustainable Earth Institute is about promoting a new way of thinking about the future of our world.
We bring researchers together with businesses, community groups and individuals to develop cutting-edge research and innovative approaches that build resilience to global challenges. We link diverse research areas across the University including science, engineering, arts, humanities, health and business.
If you’re an academic looking for a connection to industry, an organisation looking for academic research support or an individual who is inspired to work towards a sustainable future then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can help.
We need to celebrate and recognise our complex, dynamic, and unique world - after all, good planets are hard to find.
Sustainable Earth on Twitter Tweets from @plymearth
Building resilience to natural hazards
Find out about how Plymouth University researchers are building resilience to volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis and flooding.
- Scientists and policy makers to discuss global challenges at Sustainable Earth 2017 16 June 2017
- Student presents at Royal College of Nursing Congress 1 June 2017
- Surfing book to be serialised to raise funds for charity 12 May 2017
- GWave tests new device in COAST Lab 16 February 2017
- Academic to address International Surfing Symposium in Australia 22 December 2016
- Student sustainability workshops and events 28 June 2017 14:00 - 16:30
- Innovation in Pedagogy Café 28 June 2017 14:00 - 16:30
- Green Book Club Meeting: An Air That Kills 29 June 2017 18:30 - 20:00
- Student sustainability workshops and events 29 June 2017 15:00 - 20:30
- Student sustainability workshops and events 30 June 2017
Sustainability courses and programmes
Plymouth offers a range of sustainability themed courses and programmes, including architecture, entrepreneurship, consultancy, design, engineering and planning.Find out more about our courses and programmes
A whole institutional approach to sustainability
Plymouth University has an established reputation both nationally and internationally as a leader in the higher education sector for sustainability.Find out more about sustainability at Plymouth