UCAS Track is the best way to confirm your university place with us – it is worth checking even if you didn't meet the required grades.
We'll also send you an email on the morning of results day to confirm your place.
Once you have confirmed your place you will be able to enrol online by logging onto the applicant portal from Thursday 11 August. Once you have completed your online enrolment and uploaded a photo of yourself, you will be able to pick up your University Card from your Faculty during induction week.
What is Clearing?
Clearing is another opportunity for you to secure your place at university this September.
You will be able to apply through Clearing if you:
- haven't done quite as well as you expected and you haven't met the conditions of your offers,
- haven't made a UCAS application this year,
- or if you haven't received any offers (or none that you wanted to accept).
When is Clearing?
- Clearing opens Tuesday 5 July for those who already have exam results or hold no offers.
- Clearing officially opens on results day, Thursday 18 August.
- Clearing closes on Tuesday 20 September.
We will be updating our course vacancies throughout this period, and they will be published on this webpage.
For more information on Clearing and advice on whether Clearing is for you, please visit the UCAS website.
What is Adjustment?
Adjustment is the perfect chance for you to find an alternative course or place to study if you do better than you expected in your exams.
You will be eligible for Adjustment if you meet and exceed the conditions of your conditional firm choice offer.
If you try Adjustment but you don't find anything, you'll still keep the course place you gained on results day.
When is Adjustment?
Adjustment is available from Thursday 18 August until Wednesday 31 August and is entirely optional.
You have five 24 hour periods (including weekends) within this time to use it, starting from when your conditional firm offer changes to unconditional firm, or on A level results day - whichever is later. If your offer goes to unconditional firm less than five days before Wednesday 31 August, you'll only have whatever time is left between then and Wednesday 31 August.
For more information on Adjustment and advice on whether Adjustment is for you, please visit the UCAS website.
How to apply through Clearing
If you don't have a university place then an 'add clearing choice' button will appear on your Track screen.
You'll need to use this button once a university has made you an offer over the phone.
You can find further information about your next steps during Clearing on the UCAS website.
Clearing top tips
- Do your research before results day and make sure that you have a good back up plan if you don't do quite as well as you expect.
- Talk with your school or college careers advisers about the different courses that can still help you along the same career path.
- Consider the fact that entry requirements for courses with vacancies during Clearing can be more flexible so it's worth phoning up the university to find out more.
Keep calm and take your time before you make any decisions. UCAS won't allow you to make any applications until 3pm on results day so there is time for you to phone universities and consider your options on results day.
Consider your options
Think about courses that are similar to the one you originally applied for, joint honours and maybe the option to study at foundation level.
Decide what is the most important thing for you. This could be the location, the course, or the university itself.
Keep an open mind
You may eventually settle for a course that is completely different to the one you originally applied for but it may work out much better than you expect.
How to survive Clearing
I ended up doing a course that was completely different to what I expected, but it turned out even better than I had originally hoped.
Watch our Clearing video where current student Jenita and graduate Lindsey share their top tips on how to survive Clearing.Your guide to help you through the Clearing process