Research and expertise
Find out about our internationally renowned research and expertise at the University of Plymouth
Search open access papers
Interdisciplinary Strategic Institutes
Our diverse research spans three Strategic Institutes. Collaborative endeavour in rich, natural environments drives solutions to global challenges.
Marine, maritime, education and innovation expertise integrate to train scientists, engineers, policymakers, artists, technicians and business.
Plymouth Institute of Health and Care Research
Transformation in life course, ageing, methodologies, e-health, technology and interventions in health, social care, lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Sustainable Earth Institute
Science, engineering, arts, humanities, health and business, with community, businesses and individuals, innovate to build resilience for our planet.
Creative contributions to research
Broadening, enhancing and underpinning the scope of our Strategic Institutes are active collaborations with researchers across the
arts, humanities and business.
We are committed to developing solutions to the planet's most challenging issues. Our pioneering spirit runs deep in the quest for a better tomorrow.Meet our pioneering researchers
- Creating a unique experience for artists and listeners 2 February 2023
- Pheasants at risk on unfamiliar ground 23 January 2023
- Scientists use Navy data to assess the stability of underwater volcanoes 13 January 2023
- Research gives insights into 17th century life in Plymouth 6 January 2023
- Bottle with a message 20 December 2022
Upcoming academic and research events
- Research Sparks 9 February 2023 13:00 - 14:00
- PlyMSEF 2023 9 February 2023 09:00 - 18:00
- Plymouth Institute of Education Research Node Seminars 10 February 2023 13:00 - 14:00
- School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics postgraduate opportunities – virtual drop-in session 15 February 2023 13:00 - 14:00
- Plymouth Institute of Education Research Node Seminars 16 February 2023 13:00 - 14:00