Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Intentions attributed to other people change how we see their actions 18 April 2019
- Brixham Laboratory highly commended in national awards 18 April 2019
- The rise in ocean plastics evidenced from a 60-year time series 16 April 2019
- Scientists reveal the truth about a 'true frog' 11 April 2019
- University wins international competition to test cutting edge robots 10 April 2019
Upcoming academic and research events
- Virtual and Mixed Reality Simulation – Opportunities in Health Education and beyond 23 April 2019 09:30 - 13:00
- Life Beyond DSM 25 April 2019 09:30 - 16:00
- Extreme waves and the structures that dare to stand – Professor Alison Raby 25 April 2019 18:30 - 20:00
- Environmental Arts Practice Research 25 April 2019 - 26 April 2019
- Occupational Science/Occupational Therapy Seminar Series 29 April 2019 13:00 - 14:00
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- Plymouth University submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation & Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.