Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Plymouth Science Park appoints new CEO and Chair of the Board 19 October 2017
- ‘Hiding in plain sight’ – new species discovery raises questions over scale of overlooked biodiversity 17 October 2017
- University works to build public engagement with environmental research across the UK 16 October 2017
- Decoding the secrets of life at the 2018 Peninsula Arts Contemporary Music Festival 16 October 2017
- Research to explore the development of deadly brain tumours 16 October 2017
Upcoming academic and research events
- MedSoc Conference 21 October 2017
- Research Advice Surgeries 24 October 2017 14:00 - 15:00
- Plymouth International Studies Centre Seminar Series 25 October 2017 12:00 - 13:00
- Control of erosion by sediment flux in mountain rivers: Hallmarks and consequences 25 October 2017 13:00 - 14:00
- Video-calls to reduce loneliness and isolation in care environments 25 October 2017 14:00 - 15:00
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: Plymouth University research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- Plymouth University submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation & Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.