Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Voyage aims to highlight the possibilities of autonomous ocean science 16 June 2021
- £400,000 funding for revolutionary digital health project to treat dysfunctional breathing 11 June 2021
- Global experts identify key options to tackle biodiversity and climate crises 10 June 2021
- University explores impact of climate change and microplastic pollution in the Antarctic 9 June 2021
- Marine Research Plymouth cements city’s reputation as the UK’s go-to location for marine science 8 June 2021
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.