Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- University ranked among world’s top 25 – and 1st for marine – in Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 21 April 2021
- New research finds tourism sector at risk from ‘lone wolf’ terror attacks 19 April 2021
- Experimental antiviral proves effective in halting spread and damage of COVID-19 16 April 2021
- University researchers help provide a beacon of hope in quest to eradicate ghost fishing 15 April 2021
- Research shows links between loot boxes and problem gaming 7 April 2021
Upcoming academic and research events
- Educating for capability and sustainability of the healthcare workforce – Professor Tom Gale 22 April 2021 18:30 - 20:00
- From catchment to coast with an emphasis on the estuaries and coastal waters of South West England 28 April 2021
- INSPIRE Dental ‘Triple’ Showcase 28 April 2021 17:00 - 18:30
- Adventures in Posthumanism 2020-21 5 May 2021 14:00 - 15:30
- INSPIRE Dental ‘Triple’ Showcase 5 May 2021 17:00 - 18:30
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.