Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Altered images: new research shows that what we see is distorted by what we expect to see 10 August 2018
- £2 million research funding to address chronic lung disease in developing world 9 August 2018
- Scientists tag bass in bid to explain falling stock numbers 8 August 2018
- World-first study aims to improve survival rates after major surgery 27 July 2018
- Study shows ocean acidification is having major impact on marine life 27 July 2018
Upcoming academic and research events
- Launch of Plant Factory Cornwall 14 August 2018
- Trees on Dartmoor? 19 August 2018
- Meteorites from the Moon and Mars 30 August 2018 13:00 - 14:00
- Introduction to meteorites under the microscope 30 August 2018 14:30 - 16:30
- Introduction to meteorites under the microscope 31 August 2018 10:00 - 12:30
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- Plymouth University submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation & Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.