Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Research highlighted in report celebrating outstanding business collaborations 19 June 2019
- International project aims to investigate storm surge risk to three Sri Lankan coastal communities 19 June 2019
- Research highlights possible targets to help tackle Crohn’s Disease 18 June 2019
- The complex fate of Antarctic species in the face of a changing climate 17 June 2019
- Consortium awarded extra funding to create £9million offshore renewables hub 12 June 2019
Upcoming academic and research events
- Institute of Translational and Stratified Medicine (ITSMed) Research Progress Seminars 21 June 2019 14:00 - 15:00
- Refugees Mapping Memories 20 June 2019 - 23 June 2019
- Material Medicine: Objects and Bodies 26 June 2019 - 28 June 2019
- Alzheimer's Research South West Network Public Open Day 28 June 2019 10:00 - 16:00
- Multicellular complexity of peripheral nerve regeneration – links to tumourigenesis 3 July 2019 16:30 - 17:30
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.