Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Scientific basis for climate change ‘Endangerment Finding’ is stronger than ever 13 December 2018
- Technology paints in-depth picture of organisms’ response to climate change 13 December 2018
- New insight into stem cell behaviour ‘highlights therapeutic target for cancer treatment’ 12 December 2018
- £1million research programme explores human impacts on remote marine environment 11 December 2018
- Research to identify and target high blood pressure indicators 10 December 2018
Upcoming academic and research events
- Occupational Science/Occupational Therapy Seminar Series 15 January 2019 13:00 - 14:00
- Transtechnology Research Seminar Series 2018/19 16 January 2019 13:00 - 15:00
- Dietetics, Human Nutrition and Health Research Group Seminar Series 16 January 2019 15:30 - 16:30
- Research Festival: Plastics, Society and the Environment 21 January 2019 09:00 - 12:00
- Research Festival: Changing the world one person at a time 21 January 2019 13:00 - 16:00
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- Plymouth University submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation & Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.