Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- New study looking to prevent hospital admissions of older people in Cornwall 13 February 2019
- Report warns of isolation for coastal and rural schools 12 February 2019
- Exhibition sheds light on university research into native bees 11 February 2019
- Interdisciplinary approach the only way to address devastating effects of soil erosion 7 February 2019
- Research shows key function of specialised cells in peripheral nerve repair 6 February 2019
Upcoming academic and research events
- Sociology Research Seminars 20 February 2019
- Chemistry between the Sheets: Exploring the Geochemistry-Biochemistry Interface 20 February 2019 13:00 - 14:00
- Centre for Mathematical Sciences Research Seminars 20 February 2019 14:00 - 15:00
- Institute of Translational and Stratified Medicine (ITSMed) Research Progress Seminars 22 February 2019 14:00 - 15:00
- English and Creative Writing Research Seminar Series 2018/19 27 February 2019 16:00 - 18:00
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- Plymouth University submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation & Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.