Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Forgotten voices at the heart of new UK food research project 28 December 2020
- University granted consent for iconic new engineering and design facility 17 December 2020
- Researchers to investigate Quantum Computing for the music industry 14 December 2020
- New 3D, 360-degree lab tour explores vital brain tumour research 11 December 2020
- Sustainability under the spotlight in collaborative research project for the creative industries 10 December 2020
Upcoming academic and research events
- Health Infrastructure Plan (HIP) 2 - University consultation events 18 January 2021 11:00 - 13:00
- Health Infrastructure Plan (HIP) 2 - University consultation events 19 January 2021 11:00 - 13:00
- Health Infrastructure Plan (HIP) 2 - University consultation events 20 January 2021 12:00 - 14:00
- Adventures in Posthumanism 2020-21 20 January 2021 14:00 - 15:30
- Health Infrastructure Plan (HIP) 2 - University consultation events 21 January 2021 11:00 - 13:00
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.