Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Promises found to reduce cheating in large study of adolescents 3 August 2020
- 40% of dementia cases could be prevented or delayed by targeting 12 risk factors throughout life 30 July 2020
- Coastal cities leave up to 75% of seafloor exposed to harmful light pollution 30 July 2020
- Scientists publish seminal study into impact of nanoparticles on living species 27 July 2020
- University expert contributes to global report into plastic threats to the ocean 23 July 2020
Upcoming academic and research events
- Oceansgate Marine Technology Webinar Series 12 August 2020 11:00 - 11:45
- Oceansgate Marine Technology Webinar Series 26 August 2020 11:00 - 11:45
- Oceansgate Marine Technology Webinar Series 9 September 2020 00:00 - 11:45
- Laboratory Tour 9 September 2020 16:00 - 18:00
- Oceansgate Marine Technology Webinar Series 16 September 2020 11:00 - 11:45
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.