Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Warmer and acidified oceans can lead to ‘hidden’ changes in species behaviour 20 January 2020
- Spinout raises £680,000 to speed development of novel vaccines 20 January 2020
- Rising sea-levels and increased storms pose threat to coastal communities 15 January 2020
- Plymouth scientists highlight effects of climate change on UK’s plankton 15 January 2020
- University spinout secures equity funding to enhance development of robot fruit harvesters 14 January 2020
Upcoming academic and research events
- Making it happen 22 January 2020
- Understanding the marine environment for a sustainable ocean economy | Research Festival 2020 22 January 2020 09:00 - 16:00
- Measurements in health: local teams having a worldwide impact | Research Festival 2020 22 January 2020 13:00 - 18:00
- Off the Lip 2020 24 January 2020 - 25 January 2020
- Geoenergy and Society: Theory and Practice 30 January 2020
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.