Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Academics contribute to new report highlighting nature’s potential to fight climate change and biodiversity loss 12 May 2021
- New book explores the causes and consequences of our biodiversity crisis 6 May 2021
- Social media and science combine to show how ship’s plastic cargo dispersed from Florida to Norway 29 April 2021
- Cell adaptation in critically ill could be difference between life and death, new study shows 23 April 2021
- University ranked among world’s top 25 – and 1st for marine – in Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 21 April 2021
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.