Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Annual festival to engage public in fascinating world of social science research 18 October 2018
- How do senior paramedics decide when to stop resuscitation? Research project to help inform guidelines 16 October 2018
- What do enquiries to the University tell us about South West businesses? 15 October 2018
- Sea snail shells dissolve in increasingly acidified oceans, study shows 15 October 2018
- Project assesses the long-term resilience of lighthouses in face of offshore storms 9 October 2018
Upcoming academic and research events
- Bi-monthly Systematic Reviews Seminar Series 23 October 2018 13:00 - 14:00
- New insights on old questions concerning the origin of northern hemisphere glaciation 24 October 2018 13:00 - 14:00
- Plymouth International Studies Centre Seminar Series 24 October 2018 13:00 - 14:00
- Centre for Mathematical Sciences Research Seminars 24 October 2018 14:00 - 15:00
- Finding new antibiotics in deep, dark and wonderous places 26 October 2018 09:30 - 16:30
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- Plymouth University submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation & Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.