Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Research highlights near-miss which could have changed outcome of D-Day 27 November 2020
- Scientists join call for major shift in understanding to protect the ocean 25 November 2020
- Microplastics in the Death Zone 20 November 2020
- University helps UK Overseas Territory become sanctuary for wildlife 19 November 2020
- ‘A threat greater than Covid’ – why we should be paying more attention to antimicrobial resistance 18 November 2020
Upcoming academic and research events
- Adventures in Posthumanism 2020-21 2 December 2020 14:00 - 15:30
- INHS Biennial Conference 2 December 2020 - 3 December 2020
- 'Back to Music' with Charlotte Storey 6 December 2020
- Oceansgate Marine Technology Webinar Series 9 December 2020 11:00 - 11:45
- Beethoven's private legacy: his musical sketches - Christmas Lecture 16 December 2020 19:30 - 20:30
Marine Mammal Detection | Voyage aims to highlight the possibilities of autonomous ocean science
The University will use the data supplied by the MAS project to build on its existing research into the monitoring of marine mammals, their behaviour and the impacts on them from human activity.
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.