Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Voyage aims to highlight the possibilities of autonomous ocean science 16 September 2020
- Brain imaging expertise supports new discoveries on decision-making process 4 September 2020
- Research tells Government what farmers want from new peatland strategy 4 September 2020
- University plays key role in £1.2 million project tackling flood and landslide hazards 4 September 2020
- Humans’ construction ‘footprint’ on ocean quantified for first time 2 September 2020
Upcoming academic and research events
- Oceansgate Marine Technology Webinar Series 23 September 2020 12:00 - 12:45
- Oceansgate Marine Technology Webinar Series 7 October 2020 12:00 - 12:45
- Oceansgate Marine Technology Webinar Series 14 October 2020 15:00 - 16:00
- Oceansgate Marine Technology Webinar Series 21 October 2020 12:00 - 12:45
- Oceansgate Marine Technology Webinar Series 11 November 2020 11:00 - 11:45
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.