Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Research suggests ponies could play critical role in Dartmoor's future health 16 November 2019
- Future rainfall could far outweigh current climate predictions, study suggests 14 November 2019
- University of Plymouth takes lead role in national Climate Commission 13 November 2019
- Cats of the sea – ‘laser chasers’ offer insights into territorial behaviour of wild fishes 12 November 2019
- Supergen ORE Hub launches interactive webtool to bring together UK Offshore Renewable Energy research 6 November 2019
Upcoming academic and research events
- Rehabilitation Research Group Lecture Series 20 November 2019 12:00 - 13:00
- Institute of Translational and Stratified Medicine (ITSMed) Research Progress Seminars 22 November 2019 14:00 - 15:00
- Managing Our Coast in a Changing Climate 26 November 2019
- South West Creative Technology Network - Professional Services Support 26 November 2019 09:00 - 17:00
- Institute of Translational and Stratified Medicine (ITSMed) Research Progress Seminars 29 November 2019 14:00 - 15:00
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.