Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Innovative process enables the recycling and reuse of electric vehicle battery components on a commercial scale 4 August 2021
- Study provides first holistic assessment of plastic pollution in the Caribbean 3 August 2021
- Lockdown runner to complete 52km for University MS research 29 July 2021
- Can an app improve the 12-week wait for mental health support? 29 July 2021
- Developing autonomous technology to assess condition of seagrass beds 28 July 2021
Upcoming academic and research events
- EWTEC 2021 5 September 2021 - 9 September 2021
- FUTURES2021 24 September 2021 - 25 September 2021
- PlyMSEF 2021 Climate Conference 27 October 2021 13:00 - 17:00
- 1st International Symposium on Quantum Computing and Musical Creativity 19 November 2021 - 20 November 2021
- ESRC Festival of Social Science 2021 1 November 2021 - 30 November 2021
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.Find out more by accessing our case studies and researcher profiles
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.