Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Researcher receives prestigious award for environmental toxicology research 13 May 2022
- Reform to Mental Health Act must prompt change in support for families 11 May 2022
- £1m to unite generations in developing technologies for coastal communities 11 May 2022
- Supporters welcomed back to see University’s pioneering research into brain tumours 5 May 2022
- Plymouth named among world’s top universities for marine excellence and climate action 27 April 2022
Upcoming academic and research events
- Science in the Sound 25 May 2022
- Matters of 'access' and 'disability' 25 May 2022 10:00 - 13:00
- Future Plymouth 2030 25 May 2022 16:00 - 17:00
- School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences postgraduate opportunities - virtual drop-in session 26 May 2022 13:00 - 14:00
- Devon Agri-Tech Accelerator Networking Event 26 May 2022 10:00 - 15:00
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.