Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Creating a unique experience for artists and listeners 2 February 2023
- Pheasants at risk on unfamiliar ground 23 January 2023
- Scientists use Navy data to assess the stability of underwater volcanoes 13 January 2023
- Research gives insights into 17th century life in Plymouth 6 January 2023
- Bottle with a message 20 December 2022
Upcoming academic and research events
- Research Sparks 9 February 2023 13:00 - 14:00
- PlyMSEF 2023 9 February 2023 09:00 - 18:00
- Plymouth Institute of Education Research Node Seminars 10 February 2023 13:00 - 14:00
- School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics postgraduate opportunities – virtual drop-in session 15 February 2023 13:00 - 14:00
- Plymouth Institute of Education Research Node Seminars 16 February 2023 13:00 - 14:00
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.