Research impact at Plymouth
Demonstrating our mission to advance knowledge and transform lives through research
- Study unlocks hidden secrets of how ultra-hard diamonds formed in rare meteorites 12 September 2022
- Plymouth shortlisted as University of the Year in the Times Higher Education Awards 2022 1 September 2022
- Could shipworms be destroying the wreck of Captain Cook’s Endeavour? 16 August 2022
- Research recommends safer approach to removing casualties from car accidents 5 August 2022
- World-renowned health expert to become our new Deputy Vice-Chancellor for research and innovation 21 July 2022
Upcoming academic and research events
- Centre for Mathematical Sciences Research Seminars 28 September 2022 15:00 - 16:00
- Plymouth Institute of Education Research Node Seminars 29 September 2022 13:00 - 14:00
- Together through it all: The importance of camaraderie to airmen in RAF Bomber Command 30 September 2022 12:30 - 14:00
- Plymouth Institute of Education Research Node Seminars 13 October 2022 13:00 - 14:00
- Cyber-SHIP Lab Annual Symposium 26 October 2022 - 27 October 2022
Changing the world in 20 projects
Sea birds washing up on the shoreline covered in a mysterious oily substance; young people in Ethiopia, suffering from discrimination because of their disability; families facing life-changing decisions without specialist genetic counsellor support...
Three completely different scenarios but all tied by a common cord: University of Plymouth research.
Discover more about our academic, economic and societal impact
At a glance...
- University of Plymouth submitted 50 impact case studies to REF2014
- our case studies demonstrated impact on academia, politics, health, culture, technology, society, the economy and environment
- project funders included 12 national Department of Business, Innovation and Skills funding bodies
- reaching far and wide, Plymouth's global impact locations included Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, North and South America.