112 - 128
Normally 5 GCSEs
grade C/4 or above to include Mathematics, English and Science. Preference is
given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application. Please note
the institution may consider equivalent numeracy and literacy qualifications.
PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
Typical offer of 112-128 points to include BB at A level from one of the following two subjects include Biology plus a second science, preferably Chemistry but will accept Maths/Physics/Psychology/Sociology/Geography/Geology/Environmental. Please contact the admissions team if you are not studying a second relevant subject.
(Extended project will be counted if nutrition related subject – this will be considered at confirmation)
30-28 points must include Higher Level 5 in both Biology and 5 in a second Science: preferably Chemistry but will also consider, Maths, Physics, Psychology, Sociology, Geography, Geology and Environmental science. Please contact the admissions team if you are not studying a second relevant subject.
English and Maths accepted within Higher Level = 4 Standard Level = 5
If overseas and not studying English within IB – MUST have IELTS
IELTS: 7.0 Overall with 6.5 in all elements
Pre-sessional will be available for applicants with a 6.5 overall and 6.5 in all elements, refer to International Admissions Team.
Pass a named science based Access to HE Diploma with at least 45 credits at level 3, 30 at distinction level, preferably with 15 credits in biology and 15 credits in second science (preferably chemistry, but other credit weightings will be considered). A further 15 credits at Level 3 must be at merit level.
18 Unit BTEC National Diploma/QCF Extended Diploma: DDM -DDM- must contain strong biology and second science module (preferably chemistry) components. Please contact the admissions team if you are not studying a second relevant subject.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules including their credit rating within your qualification at the time of application.
Equivalent qualifications may be considered. Alternatively if you have any questions or concerns about meeting the entry requirements listed above we would encourage you to contact the Admissions Team on +44 1752 585858
or email email@example.com
, where a member of the team can offer
For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary
Direct entry to year 2
If you have achieved certificated learning in addition to the entry criteria required for your programme of study, it may be possible to accredit this learning towards your chosen course. Full details on how to make an application are available on our open access MOODLE site (download details on how to access the site and submit your claim and supporting evidence). Your application will then be assessed and you will receive confirmation by email on the status of your claim.
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS – 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in all elements (if you need to improve your English language to get onto a degree course at Plymouth University, you can book a pre-sessional academic English course).
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further
- English language requirements
- We welcome applicants with international qualifications. To view other accepted qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.
Deferred entry is not physically possible for us (but we can waive your interview in the next cycle if you have already been interviewed successfully this cycle).
International Application Deadline
Due to this programme requiring applicants to have an interview and meet non-academic conditions, the deadline for international applications is 30th June 2021 for September 2021 entry.