All applicants must have at least 5 GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C/4 or above and must include English, maths and a science. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application. Please note the institution may consider equivalent numeracy and literacy qualifications
PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
128 (ABB) from three A levels which must include Biology plus a second science, preferably Chemistry but will accept Maths /Physics /Psychology /Sociology/ Geography/Geology/Environmental science. Excludes general studies.
Extended project will be counted if nutrition-related subject (this will be considered at confirmation).
32 points overall to include Higher Level 5 in Biology and Higher Level 5 in second Science, preferably Chemistry (will consider Maths, Physics, Psychology, Sociology, Geography, Geology, Environmental science). If overseas and not studying English within IB, must have IELTS 7.0 overall (6.5 min in each element).
IELTS: 7.0 Overall with 6.5 in all elements
Pre-sessional will be available for applicants with a 6.5 overall and 6.5 in all elements, refer to International Admissions Team.
Pass an Access to HE Diploma in Science with 60 credits overall (D: 33 credits M: 12 credits). Pass with 45 credits at level 3, 33 at distinction to include 15 credits in Biology and 15 credits in 2nd Science (Chemistry, Maths, Physics, Psychology, Sociology, Geography, Geology or Environmental science). A further 12 credits at L3 must be at Merit level. Will need GCSE English and Maths at grade C/4.
BTEC National Diploma DDM - Science related. Must contain Biology and 2nd Science, preferably Chemistry modules, but will consider Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, Sociology, Geography, Geology and Environmental science. An A level alongside is preferable.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules including their credit rating within your qualification at the time of application.
Equivalent qualifications may be considered. Alternatively if you have any questions or concerns about meeting the entry requirements listed above we would encourage you to contact the Admissions Team on +44 1752 585858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, where a member of the team can offer.
For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.
Direct entry to year 2
If you have achieved certificated learning in addition to the entry criteria required for your programme of study, it may be possible to accredit this learning towards your chosen course. Full details on how to make an application are available on our open access MOODLE site (download details on how to access the site and submit your claim and supporting evidence). Your application will then be assessed and you will receive confirmation by email on the status of your claim.
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS – 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in all elements (if you need to improve your English language to get onto a degree course at the University of Plymouth, you can book a pre-sessional academic English course).
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
- English language requirements
- We welcome applicants with international qualifications. To view other accepted qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.
Deferred entry is not physically possible for us (but we can waive your interview in the next cycle if you have already been interviewed successfully this cycle).
International Application Deadline
Due to this programme requiring applicants to have an interview and meet non-academic conditions, the deadline for international applications is 30th June 2022 for September 2022 entry.