The Smart Cities Working Group (SCWG) comprises a mix of private, public and third sector stakeholders with an interest in the Smart Cities agenda and an appetite for taking projects forward. It was created in 2015 in order to create a forum for discussion and the stimulation of ideas amongst key stakeholders within the regional Smart agenda to move forward from theory to practice and support the development of new commercial opportunities within the Smart City, Smart Region and Smart Communities contexts.
The SCWG holds regular meetings and supports the development of pilot projects and collaborations between University and public/private sector partners.
The SCWG will address the following topics:
- Big Data
- Design and Construction
- Digital Cities / Digital Civic
- Future technological developments
To be a forum for stakeholders in the regional Smart agenda which focuses on:
- Developing a ‘Smart’ agenda and identifying the opportunities it presents for Plymouth and its regional context
- Increasing mutual awareness and understanding of expertise, capabilities and technologies
- Informing strategic thinking and decision making at organisational, local and regional levels
- Stimulating ideas for innovative, strategically aligned and impactful projects (both commercial and applied research) and matching these to potential partners and funding sources
- Identifying opportunities for Knowledge Exchange (KE) and Knowledge Transfer (KT) e.g. through highlighting case study projects and initiatives, forthcoming events etc.
- Providing a forum for Q&A and opportunities for networking.
- Cornwall Development Company
- IBM UK University Programs, IBM
- Plymouth City Council
- Traveline Information Limited
Dr Katharine Willis
Associate Professor (Reader)
Professor Alessandro Aurigi
Professor of Urban Design, Associate Dean for Research and Internationalisation
Professor of Interdisciplinary Arts
Dr Gianni Corino
Associate Head of School (Internationalisation)
Professor Ray Jones
Professor of Health Informatics
Dr Ismini Vasileiou
Lecturer in Information Systems
Dr Asiya Khan
Lecturer in Control Systems Engineering