Within the built environment discipline you can study some of the most challenging and innovative architectural engineering, surveying and construction related degrees available in the UK. Our taught and research programmes enable you to excel in the world’s largest single industry: construction.
Our courses are taught by professional experts from both the construction industry and research fields and reflect the latest developments in the construction sector. Some other key features of our programmes include:
- Our degrees are designed with the current and future challenges of the industry in mind, giving our graduates a unique edge in the job market.
- Lead the way in the industry – our course focuses on high performance and energy efficient buildings, which will place you at the forefront of the sector and able to embrace the trend towards stricter environmental and energy based legislation.
- Our courses are fully accredited by the professional bodies the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE).
- We have well-established links with leading engineering consultancy practices, surveying consultancies and construction companies in both the UK and abroad allowing you to learn and engage with leading industry practitioners across all our courses.
- An optional paid year long industry placement allows you to develop the professional experience and skills necessary to successfully progress in the sector.
Built environment staff are actively involved in research, enhancing the quality of the educational experience that you receive. The research-intensive environment allows the latest research findings in the field to be embedded in our courses and teaching.