5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above to include mathematics, English and science. Preference is given to applicants who've obtained these grades on application.
PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
Including 64 points from two A levels, excluding general studies.
28 overall to include 5 at Higher Level preferably in science/psychology. English accepted within - if Advanced Level = 4+ (A1) or 5 (A2/B) - if Standard Level = 5+ (A1) or 6 (A2/B) - if overseas and not studying English within IB – must have IELTS at 7.0 overall with a score of at least 7.0 in each element.
Pass a named Access to HE Diploma (eg science, health, nursing, and combined science) with at least 45 credits at level 3, 33 at merit/distinction level to include 15 level 3 credits in science/social science (psychology/sociology). Applicants to have GCSE Mathematics and English at a Grade C/4.
18 Unit BTEC National Diploma/QCF Extended Diploma
DDM must be health/science related.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
Extended entry requirements
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- Please note we don't accept Key Skills level 2 in place of GCSE English or mathematics.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course.
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above, you'll have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS - Overall average score of at least 7.0, with a score of at least 7.0 in each element.
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
- English language requirements.
- For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.
Unfortunately we cannot permit deferred entry. However, if you have a query please refer to an experienced admissions administrator who will be able to explain the UCAS application process in more detail firstname.lastname@example.org