Five GCSEs grade C or above to include Mathematics, English and Science. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application. Please note that if you do not have this GCSE profile please contact the Admissions Team directly on +44 1752 585858
or email: email@example.com
and they will be happy to advise you further.
PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
120 - 128 points including a grade B in a science – preference is given to Chemistry, Biology or Physics but Psychology and Sociology may also be considered. Excluding general studies and key skills.
27-30 overall to include a grade 5 at Higher Level in a Science subject - preferably in biology/human biology/chemistry/ physics but psychology may be considered. English and Maths accepted within – if Higher Level = 4 – if Standard Level = 5 – if overseas and not studying English within IB – must have IELTS where the overall score is at least 7.0, with a score of at least 6.5 in all elements.
Pass a named Access to HE Diploma with at least 45 credits at level 3, 30 at distinction level including 15 L3 credits biology. A further 15 credits at L3 must be at merit level. 5 GCSE’s grade C / 4 or above to include Mathematics, English and Science. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application. Note the admissions tutor will consider the BTEC Level 2 in Science with a minimum of a merit overall in lieu of GCSE Science C / 4.
Accepted pathway: Health. Must achieve a Merit overall to include a grade B in the Year One Core Component.
18 Unit BTEC National Diploma/QCF Extended Diploma
DMM-DDM – needs to have strong science/health element.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
Extended entry requirements
- All applicants who are aged 17, must be 18 by the start of the programme in September.
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- Please note we do not accept Key Skills Level 2 in place of GCSE English or mathematics.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course.
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS – overall score is at least 7.0, with a score of at least 6.5 in all elements.
Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
- Attend an interview, find out more.
English language requirements.
- We welcome applicants with international qualifications. To view other accepted qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.