Normally 5 GCSEs grade C/4 or above to include Mathematics, English and Science. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application. Please note the institution may consider equivalent numeracy and literacy qualifications.
AAB must include Biology, Human Biology, PE or Applied Science. Excluding General Studies.
33 overall with Higher Level Grade 6 in Biology or Sports, Exercise and Health Science.
GCSE equivalence – Higher Level = 4, Standard Level = 5 in Maths, English, and Science.
If overseas and not studying English within IB – MUST have IELTS 7.0 overall with 6.5 in all elements.
Pass Access (e.g. science, health, nursing, and combined science) with 45 credits at level 3, 36 at distinctions to include 15 level 3 credits biology. Remaining credits at level 3 must be at merit.
BTEC RQF National Extended Diploma/ QCF Extended Diploma
BTEC National Extended Diplomas and Extended Diplomas are considered on an individual basis, depending on the units that are studied. They may be considered on their own or alongside A level biology, human biology, PE, or applied science, subject to the biological content of the BTEC units studied. Please provide a full list of units studied within the BTEC in order for this to be assessed.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information, we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
Equivalent qualifications may be considered. Alternatively, if you have any questions or concerns about meeting the entry requirements listed above we would encourage you to contact the Admissions Team on 01752 585858
or email email@example.com
, where a member of the team can offer you further advice.
For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary
APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT COMPLETED THEIR STUDIES IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE:
7.0 overall with 6.5 in all elements. If you need to improve your English language to get onto a degree course at the University of Plymouth, you can book a pre-sessional academic English course.
Extended entry requirements
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course.
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS - Overall average score of at least 7.0, with a score of at least 6.5 in all elements (if you need to improve your English language to get onto a degree course at the University of Plymouth, you can book a pre-sessional academic English course).
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
Unfortunately, we cannot permit deferred entry. However, if you have a query please refer to an experienced admissions administrator who will be able to explain the UCAS application process in more detail firstname.lastname@example.org.