Dr Luke Connolly
Lecturer in Physiotherapy (Exercise Science)
School of Health Professions (Faculty of Health)
- PhD Sport and Health Sciences (University of Exeter)
- MSc Sport and Health Sciences (University of Exeter)
- BSc Applied Sports Science and Coaching (University of St Mark & St John)
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- The British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES)
- The Physiological Society
The effect of physical inactivity and subsequent physical activity on the prevention and treatment of non-communicable diseases (cardiovascular and musculoskeletal adaptations) in healthy and clinical populations using manipulations such as fitness training, nutritional supplementation exercise intensity, exercise modality and exercise duration. Muscular adaptation to exercise training, fitness testing in elite team sports and match analysis as a research tool in team sports.
The group is made up of researchers, research assistants/therapists and people with progressive MS across 11 sites worldwide. CogEx is a multi-arm, randomised, blinded, sham-controlled trial of cognitive rehabilitation and exercise. The CogEx study will recruit 360 people with progressive MS, across all sites. Participants will be experiencing mild-moderate cognitive difficulties with an EDSS score between 3.0-6.5. There are two sites in the UK: Plymouth and London.
Key publications are highlightedJournals