128 - 112
All applicants must have five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above to include maths and English prior to commencing the course. A GCSE (or equivalent) in a science related subject (including social sciences) is preferable.
PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
112-128 points from a minimum of 2/3 A levels, to include grades B/C and preferably biology, science or social science (psychology/sociology).
Typical offer is 30 overall to include five higher level subjects preferably including biology/human biology, psychology or sociology.
IB English accepted if higher level = 4+ or 5 or standard level = 5+ or 6.
Overseas students not studying English within the IB must have IELTS (7.0 overall with min 6.5 in all elements).
Must be a named Access to HE Diploma. 33 credits at merit and/or distinction level including 15 level 3 credits in biology, science or social science. All further level 3 credits must be at merit level. Note applicants should get 112 points minimum.
Accepted – preference pathways would be Health and Science. Typical offer will be confirmed once an application is received.
Standard offer is DDM and must contain science, health or social science. BTECs preferably in conjunction with a science or social science A level.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
Equivalent qualifications may be considered. Alternatively if you have any questions or concerns about meeting the entry requirements listed above we would encourage you to contact the Admissions Team on +44 1752 585858
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
, where a member of the team can offer you further advice.
Extended entry requirements
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course.
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C/4 or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS - Overall average score of at least 7.0, with a score of at least 6.5 in each element (if you need to improve your English language to get onto a degree course at Plymouth University, you can book a pre-sessional academic English course).
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
- English language requirements
- We welcome applicants with international qualifications. To view other accepted qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.
Direct entry to year 2
If you have achieved certificated learning in addition to the entry criteria required for your programme of study, it may be possible to accredit this learning towards your chosen course. Full details on how to make an application are available on our open access MOODLE site (download details on how to access the site and submit your claim and supporting evidence). Your application will then be assessed and you will receive confirmation by email on the status of your claim.
Unfortunately we cannot permit deferred entry. However, if you have a query please refer to an experienced admissions administrator who will be able to explain the UCAS application process in more detail email@example.com.
International Application Deadline
Due to this programme requiring applicants to have an interview and meet non-academic conditions, the deadline for international applications is 30th June 2021 for September 2021 entry.