Who we are
Providing quality and impartial information, advice and guidance, we're here to help you make informed choices about your future - so that you can reach your full potential. We work with our academic departments to help develop your employability, actively promoting strong links with employers.
What we offer
Our service is for all Plymouth University students (undergraduates and postgraduates of all years and subjects of study) and alumni for up to three years.
We're here to help you with:
- Placement and work-based learning opportunities
- Career direction
- Postgraduate study options
- CV or application checks for specific graduate or placement roles
- Interview techniques, advice and mock interviews
- Course change/withdrawal support
- Support with extra curricular activities.
How we do this
We want to make helping you a cinch. Which is why you can engage with us in a number of ways:
- Drop-in sessions both in your faculty and centrally on campus
- One-to-one appointments
- Our online portal and enquiry service
- Workshops and career sessions as part of your timetable.
And we know engaging with employers is key to understanding what they want in a graduate. Which is why we put on careers fairs, bringing a raft of high profile and local employers to campus to meet you.
View our Employability Service Events calendar to find out more and to book your place.