How we can help you
Career planning....help to:
- Explore your options
- Plan your career journey
- Develop your employability skills
- Challenge yourself to succeed
- Develop into a confident professional
Jobshop…. help with:
- Part-time jobs
- Graduate opportunities
- Employer sessions
- CV support
- Interview skills
- Skills competitions
- Employer networking
- Advertise your vacancy
We do this by….
- Working with your lecturers to embed employability in the curriculum
- Delivering careers and placement sessions as part of your timetable
- Giving careers information, advice and guidance on a one to one basis
- Delivering employability and placement drop-in sessions
- Giving you access to comprehensive online careers information with 'Career Navigator'
- Delivering workshops and skills sessions called ‘Accelerate’
- Working with employers to bring them on campus so that you can meet with them
- Helping you to make decisions and plans about what steps to take on your journey and what to do at the end of your studies
- Helping make connections between the extracurricular activities that you participate in and the world of work
- Working with the Student Union on how the opportunities that they offer can support you to improve your employability
- Sharing part time, placement, internship and graduate jobs with you and supporting you to successfully apply for them
- Keeping in touch with you so that we know what you are doing and can offer support as you move into your next step
- Would you like to help us design and improve our services?
- Got some great idea that you think would improve careers and employability in the University?
We want to hear your opinions on employability, thoughts and ideas on our service and events, to influence and inform what we will do next.
Your input is vital and we simply cannot shape our service without student opinion.
The Careers and Employability Student Focus Group will meet throughout the term and your opinions and solutions will directly influence the shape of the service.
In return you will:
- receive a £10 Amazon voucher for each session attended
- be provided with a free hot drink and cake
- develop your professional communication and group work skills
- be able to list great extra-curricular activity on your CV
- gain hours towards the Plymouth Award.
Which students can attend?Any student! Our Student Focus Groups will ideally contain students from all years, and from a range of courses.
Matt Kemp - BSc (Hons) Cruise Management graduate
I was on my placement. Someone said to me ‘You’ve changed’. And I thought, ‘I have’. The Plymouth University experience took me from being a very shy, quiet person to being this person controlling crowds and moving people about.Learn more about Matt's Plymouth University experience
Join in our conversation on Twitter:
“Take advantage of every opportunity the Careers Service provide. The activities I got involved in have helped me develop my skills and stand out from the crowd. It has really helped me enhance my University experience.”
Usaj Basnet, BSc (Hons) Economics with International Relations, Year 3