What we help with:
- career direction advice
- postgraduate study options
- job searching
- placement and work-based learning opportunities
- CV and application support
- interview and assessment centre advice
- support with extracurricular activities.
How we do it:
- employability and placement drop-in sessions
- one-to-one appointments
- workshops and skills sessions
- career sessions as part of your timetable
- access to comprehensive online information with 'Career Navigator'
- events bringing employers to campus.
Summer vacation opening times:
We're available all summer - drop in to The Commons in RLB
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 10am-1pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: 1pm-4pm
Appointments with our Careers Advisers are available Monday-Friday.
Bookable on the day by calling +44 (0)1752 587456.
Not in Plymouth any more? We can still support you remotely, contact us to find out more.
Graduated? You can access our support for three years.
Don't miss...dates for your diary
- Beyond Your Degree Show workshops: 16-23 June 2015
- Part Time Jobs Fair: 7 October 2015
- Exploring Your Future in Education: 28 October 2015
- Exploring Your Future in Business: 3 November 2015
- Exploring Your Future in STEM: 4 November 2015
To view and book on to any of our events, please see your events calendar.
Linking you with industry professionals, this programme, specifically developed for eligible students, helps you gain valuable insight into a specific area of work you're interested in. You'll benefit from professional support, too.
A careers fair is an invaluable opportunity to talk to employers and organisations from a range of industry areas. You'll gather information about their industry sector and most importantly, what they look for in a new recruit – informing you of the skills and aptitudes you need to develop whilst at university.
Do you relish a challenge?
Our employability competitions are a mix of interactive games and business challenges. You'll get hands-on experience in many areas, including marketing, design, journalism, project management - even setting up your own business or social enterprise. And a great chance to network and get spotted!
Enter the Hot Seat interview competition for the opportunity to be interviewed by a wide variety of industry professionals. Receive feedback on your interview technique and win cash prizes.
Flux is a fast-paced competition where you'll set up a business and make plans for that business. Teams of four to six students compete in heats, and the University’s winners go on to compete against other university teams at national level.
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Attend an open day
For queries about graduate vacancies: email@example.com