You may already have some ideas about your future, or you may have no idea at all. Whatever your situation, we are here to help you explore, plan and compete for opportunities so that you can secure employment or further study after your course.
How the Careers Service can help you
- See an adviser
Careers support for first year students
- Events and professional development to help you network and grow
- Careers support for international students
- Careers support for postgraduate students
- Finalists and Graduates
- Careers support for degree apprenticeships
- Equality, diversity and social mobility
- Find out more about us and meet the team
Gaining work experience, looking and applying for work
All work experience is of value: part-time work, volunteering, placements, internships and mentoring are all excellent ways to develop skills. Find out what you are good at and enjoy, and make professional connections.
Exploring your career and further study options
You may have some career ideas in mind, but before you can begin to focus and make decisions it is a good idea to spend some time investigating them further.
You will find a variety of useful digital careers resources and opportunities to help you further explore your future career ideas and options.
- Where could your degree take you?
- Explore different industries and sectors
- Explore further study options
- Explore graduate jobs and schemes
- Digital Career Resources
- Gain insight through a professional mentor
- Understanding LinkedIn and getting connected
- Explore self-employment, freelancing and running your own business
Helping you achieve career success
Advice for finalists and graduates
We provide some great digital resources to enhance your skills, connect with others, and support your career success.
- myCareer - Find part-time, placements and graduate roles, book onto events and appointments and discover learning pathways
- CV 360 - Put your CV to the test! Get your personalised report and optimise your CV in a few minutes.
- Interview 360 –Video interview practice with instant AI reviews and feedback
- GoinGlobal – Worldwide job and internship vacancies resources for more than 120 locations, including location-specific career guides, key corporate profiles,
- LinkedIn Learning – Access over 16,000 online expert led tutorials
- Digital Career Resources – Access a range of practice tests, informative learning modules and a range of tools
Member of ISE – Institute of Student Employers
Members of AGCAS – Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services
Members of ASET – The Work Based Learning and Placement Learning Association
Winner for the AGCAS award for excellence in Careers and employability engagement 2021 – for our work with Babcock International
The Quality Standard recognises the high standards of professional delivery, conduct and good practice of a Careers Service