Whether you are applying for postgraduate study, a graduate role, placement, internship, work experience or a part time job, tailoring your CV and applications will be vital to increase your chances of securing an interview. Your Careers Service is here to help you every step of the way and no question is too big or small so do not hesitate to arrange a session with an adviser today.
The key steps to success:
- Learn about yourself and recognise your strengths to help you navigate your options
- Explore myCareer and other jobs boards to find current opportunities
- Do your homework; research the employer and understand the job requirements as this will help you to produce a strong application
- Tailor the content of your CV or application to cover all criteria
- Upload your CV on CV360 for instant feedback on the structure and proof-reading
- Book an appointment with an adviser to discuss feedback on tailoring and interview preparation