How we help our students
We are a friendly, supportive team of qualified Careers professionals, here for you from the day you enrol. Throughout your time at university and beyond, you can:
- explore your career ideas or generate some with an adviser in the
Careers Hub. You don’t have to know what you want to do; we can chat to you about your thoughts and listen to any concerns that you have about your individual circumstances.
- use our online platform MyCareer to access careers advice, tutorials and job opportunities at home. You can also build your CV, cover letter and practice your interview technique using AI-assisted technology.
- come to our careers fairs, networking events and competitions. Careers fairs include a Quiet Hour with reduced lighting and noise for a calmer experience.
- join our “Accelerate” workshops covering the topics that matter to students; from How to Write a CV to How to Network with Confidence.
More focussed activities
We also offer more activities and experiences including:
- a Professional Mentoring Programme with a new
Group Mentoring programme specifically for Black students. Get advice from experienced professionals, develop your network of professional contacts and build your confidence.
Bounce Women’s Development Programmefor students who identify as a woman to develop confidence, self-awareness and support networks.
Micro-internship programmefor students who want shorter work experiences to explore different workplaces, roles and develop new skills.