The Careers Service run a wide range of employer-led careers information and recruitment events to help you to interact with employers as part of your career journey, along with a programme of skills development workshops.
Activities include career fairs, employer drop-ins and insight panels for students wishing to explore placement, graduate and part-time work opportunities, along with workshops on interview success, assessment centre advice and tips for job searching.
Find out more below and visit the link above to see our current and upcoming activities on myCareer.
How will our activities help you?
Our programme of events and activities are aimed at providing you with a series of opportunities to work with employers so you can explore your options, plan your career journey, develop your employability skills, compete to succeed and transition into a confident professional.
Participating in our activities will help you to:
- benefit from expert advice and tips on career planning and job search
- establish links and practice networking with employers in a supportive environment
- explore your career options with various employers
- gain insight into how they recruit into placements, internships and graduate jobs.
Find out more about upcoming career events and skills development activities
Attending a careers fair is a great way to explore the wide range of organisations actively recruiting for part-time, internship, placements and graduate positions. They will also allow you to practice your networking skills with employers in a relaxed informal environment.
Each year we hold:
- Placement and Graduate Careers Fair | perfect for employers recruiting from any course or from a broad range of courses | Rolle Marquee, University of Plymouth Campus | 11:00–15:00
- Science and Engineering Placement and Graduate Careers Fair | perfect for employers recruiting from any course linked to STEM | Rolle Marquee, University of Plymouth Campus | 11:00–15:00
- Part-time Jobs Fair | perfect if you are looking for part-time work | Rolle Marquee, University of Plymouth Campus | 11:00-15:00
See who is exhibiting and find out more on myCareer
Employer in the foyer
Accelerate Your Future skills workshop
These bite-size, informal and interactive sessions are delivered online via Zoom. You can gain top tips and share you experiences with like-minded students and recent graduates. Recent topics include:
- Master LinkedIn
- Networking, how to prepare for a careers fair
- Types of assessment centres and recruitment practices
- Job search techniques
- Interviewing skills workshop
- CV workshop
- Preparing for interviews effectively
- Considering postgraduate study
Search for upcoming Accelerate Your Future skills workshops on myCareer.
If you are a woman, or if you identify as a woman, currently studying at the University, this free two day personal and professional development programme may be for you.
- Confidence in recognising your skills and strengths
- Personal power (you have more than you think!)
- Assertiveness and impact when speaking
- Sense of mindfulness and wellbeing
- Ability to make personal and professional connections
Career insight conferences and industry panels
Become inspired by discovering more about a particular industry and gain an insight into the opportunities available with your degree. Our Careers and Employability Consultants work closely with programme leaders to develop comprehensive curriculum-based career conferences to support with skills development and provide you with the chance to network with organisations.
Our employer panel events allow you to listen to career journeys from business professionals, a majority of whom are University of Plymouth graduates, and to partake in Q&A sessions.
See upcoming career conferences and employer insight panels on myCareer.
Our employer networking events provide you with the opportunity to develop and enhance your networking skills, which are vital for your employment and business goals, with industry professionals.
Gain insight, find out from professionals about their jobs, roles, and their experience of the industry and gain commercial awareness and increase your confidence, approaching and talking to professionals and businesses.
Find out more and book your space on mycareer.