Introducing Student Jobs
The University of Plymouth recognises that many of our students want and need to work while they study, whether for financial reasons or to build skills and improve their employability.
Student Jobs provides a free recruitment service to support our students in finding and applying for paid part-time work to fit around their studies (up to 20 hours a week).
Working part-time is an excellent way of gaining valuable experience, which could help you to stand out from the crowd when you start applying for graduate opportunities.
Pop into the Careers & Employability Hub in the Roland Levinsky building and talk to our friendly Student Jobs staff about securing part-time employment.
Frequently asked questions
- What kind of part-time jobs are available?
- Where can I receive support in writing my CV and cover letter for a part-time job?
- Where can I receive legal guidance regarding employment, including how to apply for a National Insurance Number?
- How can I become a student ambassador?
- Are there any free workshops to help prepare me for a job interview?
- Do you invite employers onto campus?
- Is there a calendar for careers and employability events and competitions?
- I am an international student on a Tier 4 visa, how many hours can I work?
How do we support you in your job search?
Student jobs board
“I am an international student from India and I work part time to enhance my CV in order to find a graduate placement. Part-time jobs aren’t just helping my career, these roles are developing me as a person and improving my language skills. I found all of these roles on the jobs board so I would recommend it to all students.” Suprojit Das, MSc Electrical EngineeringBefore you can use this external service, you’ll need to create an account with an email address of your choice. You may want to use a private email address so that you have access to job alerts once you graduate.
Good luck with your job search.
Part-time jobs fairs
Attending a fair will give you the opportunity to network with local and national employers who have current part-time vacancies which will fit around your studies. We hold two fairs every academic year; our Part-time Jobs Fair takes place in semester one and our Summer Opportunities Fair takes place in semester two. Fairs are widely advertised on campus and on our social media.
- Part-time Jobs Fair - Wednesday 4 October 2017, 11:00 - 15:00 - visit the event page
- Summer Opportunities Fair - Wednesday 21 March 2018, 11:00 - 15:00
Watch our video to learn more and download an example of a fair brochure from our support materials below.
Whether you need help improving your CV or preparing for an interview, the Careers & Employability Service organise sessions and workshops to help increase your confidence. Information, advice and guidance is available for current students and graduates.
Explore all of our employability skills development services.
Materials to support you in your job search
- b Download our career hacks publication, which will help you with your CV and cover letter.
- , Visit Career Navigator, an online career development programme hosting thousands of e-learning courses to improve your employability skills.
- & Download an example of a part-time jobs fair brochure, containing all the information you need to get the most out of the fairs.
Student Jobs. You don't need an appointment, just drop in!
Careers & Employability Hub, Roland Levinsky building
09:00 - 16:30 (Monday to Friday)