Find out more at our information sessions
- Employer in the foyer – 6th October
- An evening with Babcock w/c 10th October
"Mentoring is a great opportunity to engage with employees and hear their experiences and advice for employment in the engineering sector. Thanks to my mentor's help with my CV and interview skills, this summer I have managed to get some work experience with an engineering firm!"
– Alex Webb, BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
Having a personal mentor has given me the insight and confidence to tackle the transition from university to a professional career.
1. Apply online on myCareer using the 2022 Babcock Professional Mentoring Pathway
2. Student training workshops will be held at the times below
You must attend one of these to start the programme once confirmation has been sent to you. We create your action plan, discuss how the programme works and go through the expectations and roles of mentoring.
26 October 2022, 16.00-17.30
27 October 2022, 09.00-10.30 or 16.00-17.30
28 October 2022, 14.30-16.00
3. Meet your mentor event
This is your first meeting with your mentor. You can go through your action plan and the careers mentoring team will be on hand to provide support.
4. Additional activities given as part of this unique experience
Mock assessment centre and insight day and more to be announced.
5. Follow the pathway and have your 1-1 sessions
These can be virtual or face-to-face meetings.
6. Attend the celebration event
Showcase your great experience and share the celebration with your peers, Babcock and the University of Plymouth.
Although we are currently living in uncertain times, both Babcock and the University of Plymouth are utilising more digital and creative ways to undertake initiatives such as these. This could involve virtual meetings with your mentor or digital mock assessments.