Plymouth Business School is part of the University of Plymouth's Faculty of Arts and Humanities. It has four departments of Accounting, Economics and Finance; International Shipping, Logistics and Operations; People, Marketing and Entrepreneurship; and Tourism and Hospitality. The School offers undergraduate and postgraduate (masters) degrees, is research active and works in partnership with industry and organisations across the world.
Dr. Steve Butts, Head of Plymouth Business School
Welcome to Plymouth Business School
Plymouth Business School takes great pride in playing a pivotal role in supporting the internationally recognised focus on sustainability of the University and its commitment as a Civic University. We believe in socially conscious wealth creation.
Our mission is to put business ready graduates on the path to a successful career and happy life. We focus on learning by doing through live briefs and experiential education and are committed to building resilience and leadership capabilities in our community.
Dr. Steve Butts
Head of School
Looking for foundation level entry to business courses?
The following foundation level courses are currently available for a 2019/20 start:
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (2 year fast track and 3 year course) with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Economics with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Events Management with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Marketing with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Maritime Business and Logistics with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Maritime Business and Maritime Law with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Tourism and Hospitality Management with Foundation Year.
Plymouth Business School news
- University partners with 3 Michelin star The Fat Duck to boost hospitality education 6 November 2019
- Research asks if ‘Poldark effect’ threatens sense of Cornish identity 16 August 2019
- Low skilled, low paid workers of the world don’t unite, research shows 17 December 2018
- Bullying and harassment in the NHS could be costing billions 24 October 2018
- Research reveals 'crucial' importance of gender balance in bank boards 20 July 2018