Plymouth Business School is part of the University of Plymouth's Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Business. It has four departments of Accounting, Economics and Finance; International Shipping, Logistics and Operations; People, Marketing and Entrepreneurship; and Tourism and Hospitality. The School offers undergraduate and postgraduate (masters) degrees, is research active and works in partnership with industry and organisations across the world.
Dr Steve Butts, Head of Plymouth Business School
Welcome to Plymouth Business School
Plymouth Business School takes great pride in playing a pivotal role in supporting Plymouth as a Civic University with an internationally recognised focus on sustainability and social purpose. We believe in socially conscious wealth creation.
Our mission is to put business ready graduates on the path to a successful career and happy life. We focus on learning by doing through live briefs, experiential education and students as active researchers. We are dedicated to building resilience, decision making and leadership capabilities in our community.
We are committed to good business and advocate social, environmental and economic responsibility. Our public, private and third sector relationships and international collaborations provide a platform for us to provide thought leadership and influence policy and practice.
Dr Steve Butts
Head of School
Have you got existing qualifications and been thinking of your next steps?
A top-up degree enhances your existing qualifications and can open doors to new career or educational possibilities. Not only will you be graduating with a full undergraduate degree from the University of Plymouth, you will also benefit from our public, private and third sector relationships and international collaborations.
Looking for foundation level entry to business courses?
The following foundation level courses are currently available for a 2020/21 start:
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Business Management (2 year fast track and 3 year course) with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Economics with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Events Management with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Marketing with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Maritime Business and Logistics with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Maritime Business and Maritime Law with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Tourism and Hospitality Management with Foundation Year.
Plymouth Business School news
- Survey suggests COVID-19 could have long-term benefits for family life 5 May 2020
- Covid-19 and the tourism and hospitality industry 21 April 2020
- University partners with 3 Michelin star The Fat Duck to boost hospitality education 6 November 2019
- Research asks if ‘Poldark effect’ threatens sense of Cornish identity 16 August 2019
- Low skilled, low paid workers of the world don’t unite, research shows 17 December 2018