Plymouth Business School is part of the University of Plymouth's Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Business. It has four departments of Accounting, Economics and Finance; International Shipping, Logistics and Operations; People, Marketing and Entrepreneurship; and Tourism and Hospitality. The School offers undergraduate and postgraduate (masters) degrees, is research active and works in partnership with industry and organisations across the world.
Plymouth Business School's new industry-led programmes will set you up for successful employment and a happy lifestyle
In January 2020, before COVID-19 was much of a topic for conversation, Plymouth Business School embarked on a revisioning of what a high-quality 2030 business education experience would look like from a student point of view, no matter where in the world they wanted to work.
We have redoubled our commitment to good business practice and social, economic and environmental responsibility. Our mission is to put business-ready graduates on a path to a successful career and a happy life by creating confidence, resilience and the ability to be nimble.
Dr Steven Butts, Head of Plymouth Business School
Have you got existing qualifications? Are you thinking about what's next?
A top-up degree enhances your existing qualifications and can open doors to new career or educational possibilities. Not only will you be graduating with a full undergraduate degree from the University of Plymouth, you will also benefit from our public, private and third sector relationships and international collaborations.
Looking for foundation-level entry to business courses?
The following foundation-level courses are currently available for a 2021/22 start:
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Business Management with Foundation Year (2-year fast track and 3-year course)
- BSc (Hons) Economics with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Events Management with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Marketing with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Maritime Business with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) International Tourism Management with Foundation Year.
Plymouth Business School news
- Parents were better prepared but 2021 lockdown has been the toughest yet 17 March 2021
- University academics named on list of world’s Highly Cited Researchers 18 November 2020
- Survey suggests COVID-19 could have long-term benefits for family life 5 May 2020
- Covid-19 and the tourism and hospitality industry 21 April 2020
- University partners with 3 Michelin star The Fat Duck to boost hospitality education 6 November 2019