Normally 5 GCSEs grade C/4 or above to include Mathematics, English and Science. Preference is given to applicants who have obtained these grades on application. Please note the institution may consider equivalent numeracy and literacy qualifications.
PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
A minimum of 2 A levels or Level 3 qualifications to include grade C in one science subject from : Biology, Human Biology, PE, Sport, Psychology, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Health Sciences, Anatomy, Physiology, Nutrition, Applied Science, Foot Health. Excluding General Studies. Please contact the admissions team if you are not studying a second relevant subject.
26–28 overall to include 5 at Higher Level in one subject: Biology, Human Biology, PE, Sport, Psychology, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Health Sciences, Anatomy, Physiology, Nutrition, Applied Science, Foot Health. Please contact the admissions team if you are not studying a second relevant subject.
English and Maths accepted within Higher Level = 4 Standard Level = 5
If overseas and not studying English within IB – MUST have IELTS
Pass a named Access to HE Diploma (e.g. science, health, nursing, combined science) with at least 45 credits at Level 3, 33 at Merit/Distinction level including 15 Level 3 credits in Biology/Science/Social Science (Psychology/ Sociology).
18 Unit BTEC National Diploma/QCF Extended Diploma
DMM-DDM – must have strong biology element.
Applied Science, Sports Science, PE – refer with these subjects. Please contact the admissions team if you are not studying a second relevant subject.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information, we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
Equivalent qualifications may be considered. Alternatively, if you have any questions or concerns about meeting the entry requirements listed above we would encourage you to contact the Admissions Team on +44 1752 585858
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
, where a member of the team can offer you further advice.
For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary
Extended entry requirements
In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course.
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS - Overall average score of at least 7.0, with a score of at least 6.5 in each element (if you need to improve your English language to get onto a degree course at University of Plymouth, you can book a pre-sessional academic English course)
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
- English language requirements
- We welcome applicants with international qualifications. To view other accepted qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.
Unfortunately, we cannot permit deferred entry. However, if you have a query please refer to an experienced admissions administrator who will be able to explain the UCAS application process in more detail email@example.com.