Completed PhD students
- Dr Imogen Napper, Funding self, Plastics in the marine environment. 2014 - 2018
- Dr La Daana Kanhai, Funding EU Mares, Microplastic distribution and ecological interactions across latitudinal gradients, 2015-2018. Marine Scientist in the Caribbean.
- Dr Stephanie Wright, Funding Defra, Physical effects of microplastics on marine life. 2011 - 2015. Research assiciate UCL
- Dr Joao Frias, Funding FCT, Portugal. Microplastics in the environment.2011- 2015. Independent Scientist, Portugal.
- Dr Nicolas Biber, Funding: Self. Distribution and effects on microplastics in the environment. 2009 – 2015 (part time). https://twitter.com/plasticDecay
- Dr Saeed Sadri, PhD 2015 Monitoring microplastics in the marine environment. 2009 – 2014. Funding Defra. Now working at the Met Office in Exeter. https://uk.linkedin.com/in/saeeds/de
- Dr Kayleigh Wyles, PhD 2014 Rocky Shores: From habitat threat to marine awareness and restorative experiences. Funding NERC/ESRC. Lecturer in Environmental Psychology at University of Surrey.
- Dr Luke Holmes, PhD 2013, The role of plastic production pellets in the transport and availability of trace metals in the marine environment. Funding: University of Plymouth Studentship. Now post doctoral research fellow at the University of Plymouth.
- Dr Mark Browne, PhD 2008, Environmental consequences of microscopic plastics in marine habitats, Funding: Leverhulme Trust. Now Senior Research Associate University of NEW South Wales, Australia.