5 GCSE’s grade 4/C or above to include Mathematics and English.
Consideration may be given to Functional Skills Level 2 in Mathematics
Plus one of the following:
Typical offer of 104–120 points from a minimum of 3 A Levels or level 3 qualifications – social science preferred. General Studies not accepted.
27–28 points to include 5 at Higher Level. Social Science, Psychology or a Science profile preferred.
All Access courses
Pass Access with 45 credits at level 3, 33 at merit/distinction level to include 15 level 3 credits in science/social science (psychology/sociology/criminology).
Accepted – preference pathways would be Health and Science. Typical offer would be a Merit overall.
DMM-DDM – social science preferred.
BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
Equivalent qualifications may be considered. Alternatively if you have any questions or concerns about meeting the entry requirements listed above we would encourage you to contact the Admissions Team on +44 1752 585858
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
, where a member of the team can offer you further advice.
For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary
Extended entry requirements
- In addition to the above, evidence of academic study within the last five years is required.
- You must pass disclosure and barring service and occupational health checks satisfactorily in order to be able to start this course.
- If English is not your first language and you do not have GCSE English grade 4/C or above you will have to achieve an IELTS or equivalent qualification at the grades stated below.
- IELTS – 7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in all elements.
- Meeting the academic minimum is the first stage of an application being considered. Applicants must also submit a strong personal statement in order to be considered further.
- English language requirements
- We welcome applicants with international qualifications. To view other accepted qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.
Direct entry to year 2
If you have achieved certificated learning in addition to the entry criteria required for your programme of study, it may be possible to accredit this learning towards your chosen course. Full details on how to make an application are available on our open access Moodle site (download details on how to access the site and submit your claim and supporting evidence
). Your application will then be assessed and you will receive confirmation by email on the status of your claim.
Unfortunately we cannot permit deferred entry. However, if you have a query please refer to an experienced admissions administrator who will be able to explain the UCAS application process in more detail email@example.com