Industries such as science, agriculture, engineering, healthcare, marine technology, and employee skills are already benefiting from projects rolling out across the South West from the University of Plymouth.
Underpinned by a wealth of academic expertise and internationally recognised research, the projects invest in businesses and individuals based in Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, and Somerset across a diverse portfolio of opportunities.
The University of Plymouth is proudly supported by the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF), which consists of five Funds including the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the European Social Fund (ESF).
If your company is based in the South West, you could be eligible to work with us at the cutting edge of research, innovation and business development, drawing on resources across the University and our partners to positively impact your business growth, employee skills and product outputs.
Could your business benefit from one of our ESIF projects?
Feeling inspired by our current projects?
Unsure which one could complement your organisation?
With Enterprise Solutions, you can learn more about how your business can benefit from connecting and collaborating with the University of Plymouth - both with EU funded projects and beyond.
Enterprise Solutions helps you to navigate the University's internationally recognised expertise, facilities and business services, working with a variety of organisations across the UK to solve business problems with the better use of knowledge, technology and skills.
To find out how working with the University of Plymouth can impact your organisation's development, contact our Enterprise Solutions team on:
- Phone: 0800 052 5600
Lines open 9am - 5pm Monday - Thursday
9am - 4.30pm Friday
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The current EU funded projects in development with University of Plymouth, supported by the European Structural and Investment Funds:
- Acceleration Through Innovation (ATI)
- Agri-Tech Cornwall
- Innovation in Healthy Ageing
- Ehealth Productivity and Innovation in Cornwall & the Isles of Scilly (EPIC)
- Environmental Futures and Big Data Impact Lab
- Hidden Talent - Devon and Somerset
- Marine Business Technology Centre
- Plymouth Materials Characterisation Project
- Strategic Employer Engagement - Devon and Somerset
- Widening Participation through Skills
- United Downs Deep Geothermal Power.
The current list of partners working with the University of Plymouth on European Structural and Investment Funds projects:
In Devon and Somerset-based projects
- Academic Health Science Network
- Association of Colleges South West
- Bridgwater College
- Business Information Point
- City College Plymouth
- Devon County Council
- Exeter City Futures
- Exeter College
- Met Office
- Plymouth City Council
- Plymouth College of Art
- Plymouth Marine Laboratory
- Sir Alister Hardy Foundation for Ocean Science
- South Devon College
- Strode College
- University of Exeter
- Yeovil College
In Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly-based projects
- British Geological Survey
- Creative England
- Cornwall College
- Cornwall College Group
- Cornwall Development Company
- Cornwall Marine Network
- Cornwall Partners in Care
- Duchy College
- Falmouth Marine School
- Falmouth University
- Geoscience Ltd
- Geothermal Engineering Ltd
- Invest in Cornwall
- Isles of Scilly Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Isles of Scilly Council
- Kernow Health Community Interest Company
- Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult
- Patients Association
- Rothamsted Research Station
- Truro & Penwith College
Our ESIF projects in the news
- Funding campaign helps turn marine litter into surfing products 25 October 2019
- Creating opportunities for STEM graduates and businesses in Devon 10 April 2019
- University spinout awarded £550,000 to speed development of harvesting robots 1 April 2019
- Yes, the NHS does need more nurses 28 March 2019
- Work-based degrees will unlock vital talent for the digital technology industry 28 March 2019