Email us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruiting new staff may not be a top priority today but, planning ahead, extra staff may be the answer to get your business back up to speed. Contact us at email@example.com to discuss your options...
Incentive payments up to £3,600
Small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Devon can recruit skilled, recent graduates within the Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) fields and receive incentive payments of up to £3,600.
The STEM Graduates into Business project, which is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), supports SMEs to recruit recent graduates with fresh, innovative ideas and the drive to develop professionally. Employed as a paid-intern for up to 12 months, STEM Graduates into Business can offer flexibility to small and medium businesses looking to meet changing market demands.
Recruit a skilled graduate
STEM Graduates into Business has supported SMEs in Devon to successfully recruit recent STEM graduates to support their business and fill emerging skills gaps.
Utilising the extensive channels of the University and its partners, the project unlocks opportunities to raise the visibility of your business to graduates whilst advocating the benefits of employment within an SME. The right people with the right skills in your team will energise your business.
The project provides access to determined graduates with fresh, innovative ideas and the drive to develop professionally.
Recruitment with a difference
- Incentive payments to help cover staff costs.
- Free advertising on regional and national graduate platforms.
- Promotion of your vacancies through exclusive University of Plymouth and strategic partner channels.
- Coordination of the application process including the creation of an eye-catching advert.
- No recruitment fee.
Recruiting during a pandemic: what employers say...
Employers we work with...
Not in a position to recruit?
Access expert advice on recruiting graduates in the future and receive further business support from the University’s Careers Service to help you through this time.
Stay in contact with the graduate market for the future and quickly access potential future recruits when the time is right for you. Complete the expression of interest form and be top of the list to receive recruitment support in the future.
For STEM graduates
Benefits of working for an SMEThere are over 5,000 SMEs across Devon that bring much to the local economy in terms of business output and employment. Graduates can overlook them in favour of large, well-known companies and miss out on the unique experience that working with an SME can provide. Working for an SME has many benefits including:
- opportunities to work on key projects from the start
- a varied workload in a more personable working environment
- the potential of being given responsibility from an early stage
- exposure to cutting-edge innovations and new-to-market products
- a better chance to get noticed for your achievements by management
- gaining exposure across the wider business, providing you with a more rounded experience.
STEM Graduates into Business is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Utilising this funding, the project aims to:
- address SME innovation challenges through graduate internships focused on transformational business projects
- raise leadership and management capability levels in SMEs, particularly regarding recruitment and employment
- create a growing network of graduate employing SMEs across the area, leading to longer-term opportunities for graduates and their retention in the local economy.
The funding for this project is secure until 30 March 2021, regardless of the outcome of Britain’s departure from the European Union.