Strategic Employer Engagement (SEE) in Devon is a partnership project which seeks to work with SMEs across the region to strengthen higher-level vocational education and training, through increasing the number of employees undertaking training that directly relates to their work needs.
Working alongside higher and further education institutions across the region, the project builds on Government policy to develop a demand-led skills system with employers shaping provision to meet their requirements.
Running in tandem with the Hidden Talent project, SEE ensures that training is applicable to and addresses both the skills needs and delivery preferences of employers.
The University of Plymouth is delivering specific activity in the project related in particular to our higher and degree apprenticeship and CPD offering. Key areas of focus include:
- The development of new qualifications – so far including the Chartered Manager, Nursing Associate and Digital Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeships with others also in the pipeline.
- Taster courses – to provide routes-in for both employers and employees interested in undertaking higher-level skills, working with the Hidden Talent project.
- Specific sector based activities – for example, the project will be working with engineering businesses in the region to undertake student projects to support businesses and bespoke CPD.
Free workplace needs assessments
We offered skills analysis' to all SMEs in Devon completely free of charge.
With our industry-led approach, we helped businesses to identify skills needs and learn about our bespoke training solutions, enabling businesses to:
- attract and retain the best talent
- excel in leadership and staff development
- embed succession planning.
Work-based degrees and higher apprenticeships
Helping employers develop, harness and focus the skills of emerging talent within their organisation whilst offering employees opportunity to pursue undergraduate degree qualifications alongside real-life work experience.
If you have any questions about Strategic Employer Engagement, please contact us at +44(0)1752 583620 or email: email@example.com.
European Social Fund (ESF)
The University of Plymouth is proud to be supported by the European Social Fund.
As one stream of funding under the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Growth Programme 2014–2020, the ESF focuses on improving access to employment, promoting social inclusion, and investing in skills to help people fulfil their potential.More projects supported by ESIF with the University of Plymouth