BSc (Hons) Geology with Ocean Science
Broaden your geological horizons by exploring the connection between the Earth and its marine and nearshore environments on our joint honours degree. Geology with ocean science will arm you with the theoretical and practical aspects of geology, as well as enabling you to develop an understanding of oceanography and coastal processes. Gain an awareness of the interplay between the solid Earth and marine processes, and learn how these factors control the development of coastal regions.
You will take part in the substantial fieldwork offered in a variety of UK and overseas locations such as Morocco, Iceland, Sicily, Spain and Cyprus. You'll become an experienced field-worker, able to apply the knowledge and skills acquired in the classroom to existing Earth science problems. You’ll work towards becoming a Chartered Geologist, our accreditation by the Geological Society helps you to gain the required experience.
2020 NSS results for our Earth Science degrees including BSc (Hons) Geology with Ocean Science
- 97% of students felt that staff were good at explaining things.
- 94% of students agreed the course was intellectually stimulating.
- 94% of students were satisfied overall with the quality of the course.
- 96% of students felt they had been able to access course-specific resources (e.g., equipment, facilities, software and collections) when needed.
- 93% of students were satisfied with the teaching.