Research plays a vital role in the life of the School of Law, Criminology and Government and postgraduate research students are central to our research community. Research in the School is varied and exciting, innovative and world-leading. We carry out research in a range of environments and with a breadth of specialisms. The School has disciplinary expertise in Law, Criminology, Sociology, Social Policy, International Relations and Politics and we are committed to inter-disciplinary research with our research groups incorporating all these areas.
We welcome research proposals particularly in the areas below.
Our postgraduate research programmes
- Criminology (ResM, MPhil/PhD)
- Law (ResM, MPhil/PhD)
- International Relations (ResM/ MPhil/PhD)
- Politics (MPhil/PhD)
- Sociology (ResM, MPhil/PhD)
- Social Policy (MPhil/PhD)
- Social Research (MSc)
- Environment, Culture and Society
- Health, Vulnerability and Inequality
- Methodological Innovations
- Global Instability and Justice
- CHEx (Culture and Heritage Exchange)
- Sustainable Social Justice Initiative