Dr Jonathan Moizer
Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) in Business Operations & Strategy
Plymouth Business School (Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Business)
- Business modelling
Email email@example.com to enquire.
- Modelling & Simulation for Social Systems (M&S3) Research Initiative Lead
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Roles on external bodies
- President of the UK Chapter of the System Dynamics Society 2017-18
- Secretary of the UK Chapter of the System Dynamics Society 2012-17
Using management modelling, simulations, games and gaming to promote experiential learning.
- System dynamics modelling of managerial problems to support learning and policy making.
- Simulation games and their applications in education and training.
Research degrees awarded to supervised students
- Doaa Althalathini, ‘Invisible Women Entrepreneurs in Conflict Zones: Case of Gaza’, PhD, 2020.
- Ye Zhang, ‘Antecedents and Consequences of Overshooting Product Attributes: A Case Study Approach’, PhD, 2020.
- Abdulrahman Alnoaimi, ‘Strategic Management in Improving Total Quality’ in Bahrain’s Public Sector’. DPA, 2019.
- Neil Smith, ‘Evaluating the Role of Secondary Money Systems in Delivering Sustainable Development Goals: a System Dynamics, Post-Keynesian, Stock-Flow Consistent Macroeconomic Model’. PhD, 2019.
- Reynatou Noma Mounkaila ‘Corporate Social Responsibility, Path Dependency and Cultural Influence: An Analysis of Equitable Health Insurance Schemes for Niger’. DBA, 2018.
- Kosmos Akande-Alasoka, ‘Communication Technology and Governance: The Case of Nigeria’, DPA, 2018.
- David Carter, 'Time for change: a Study of Enrolment Decision Dynamics for Admission into English Secondary Education', PhD, 2018.
- George Dexter, 'Corporate Governance in the Nonprofit Sector: A Grounded Theory Approach to Studying the Trustee Board', PhD, 2018.
- Elaine Garcia, 'Investigating the Use of Social Networking Sites within the HE Sector for Teaching & Learning', PhD, 2017.
- Juergen Steinheber, 'Diffusion Challenges for Innovation in Technology-Intensive Industries', PhD, 2015.
- Hasema Hamad,'Antecedents of Business-to-business E-commerce Adoption and its Effect on Competitive Advantage in Manufacturing Small and Medium-sized Enterprises: A Comparative Study of United States of America and Egypt’, PhD, 2014.
- Loay Abdul-Mageed El-Sayed, 'An Agent-based Approach for Improving the Performance of Distributed Business Processes in Maritime Port Community', PhD, 2012.
- Jacqueline Rogers, ‘Multi-disciplined Individuals: Defining the Genre’, PhD, 2010.
- Toni Ola, ‘Achieving Global Sustainable Development Through Community Planning’, PhD, 2010.
Grants & contracts
- Erasmus+ Fund (2017-2019), 'Innovating Youth Work to Foster Youth Active Citizenship', €43,450 at Plymouth University (€197,925 whole project); J. Moizer Partner Level Coordinator), S. Liu, J. Lean & D. Carter (Plymouth University).
- Leonardo TOI Fund (2012-2013), ‘Using On-line Role Play to Promote Soft Skills Development for Social Enterprises’, €90,105 at Plymouth University (€264,423 whole project); J. Moizer (Project Cordinator), J. Lean & E. Dell' Aquila (Plymouth University, UK); O. Miglino, A. Di Ferdinando & M. Schembri (UNINA, Italy); P. Walsh (CIT, Ireland); R. Friedrich (GeProS, Germany).
- Higher Education Academy Award (2010-2011), ‘Discipline-focused Learning Technology Enhancement Academy’. Inspiring Futures Project (£1000) to facilitate the adoption and diffusion of learning technology by academics and students. Supported by Chelo de Andrés Martínez, Hilary Duckett, Jonathan Lean & Troy Heffernan (Plymouth University, UK).
- Teaching Fellowship Award (2004-2005) ‘The Use of Simulation & Gaming at the University of Plymouth: Opportunities & Challenges’: Funded by the University of Plymouth TFA (£4803), with Dr's J. Lean & M. Towler (Plymouth University, UK).
- Continuing Vocational Education (1999), 'Occupational Health and Safety Project - To Investigate the Feasibility of Developing Short Course Material on Health and Safety Awareness for Small Businesses’, Funded by the Plymouth University Continuing Vocational Education Fund (£4803) with Dr J. Lean (Plymouth University, UK).
Key publications are highlightedJournals
- Member of the Organising Committee, Games & Simulation Enhanced Learning Conference, 2017, Plymouth, UK.
- Member of the Organising Committee, 7th Plymouth e-Learning Conference (PeLC 2012), Plymouth, UK.
- Committee Member European Conference on Games Based Learning, 2008-2012.
- Member of the International Scientific Technical Committee, The International
Conference on Systems Thinking in Management 2000 & 2004.
- Organised 1st, 2nd & 3rd Business, Management, Accounting & Finance (BMAF) national workshops on teaching with Simulations, Games & Role-Play, 2008-2011.
Trustee, Gwellheans (Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation Charity), Redruth, Cornwall, 2012-2015