- undertake career planning and research
- build your networks, meet employers and graduates
- gain essential work experience during your course
- attend career fairs and events
- continually develop your skills and knowledge
- get involved with relevant clubs and societies
- visit the
Careers Servicefor advice.
Knowledge and skills
- Development of critical thinking and the ability to convey complex theories and concepts.
- Problem-solving and flexibility.
- Time management through juggling different module assessment requirements.
- Written and verbal communication through report writing and presenting.
- Teamwork and leadership through group projects.
- Planning and project management through independent research tasks.
- Independent research through seminar work and assignments.
- Constructing a reasoned argument by evaluating texts.
- A knowledge of history, culture and society.
97% of our English graduates are in work or further study
81% of English graduates in highly skilled work said their degree was a formal requirement or gave them an advantage*
86% of graduates agreeing that their current activity is meaningful
- The Chartered Institute for Marketing (CIM)
- The English Association
- Media Week
- Writers' and Artists' Yearbook
- Penguin UK
- British Library
- Museums Association
- Plymouth Herald
University of Plymouth outreach
- Archive & Records Association
- The National Archives
- NFU Mutual
- The Times
- The Economist Group
- The Spectator
- English Teacher
- Secondary School Teacher
- Account Executive
- Learning Services Tutor
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Faculty School And Colleges Liaison Officer
- Aro PR and Marketing
- Knock Knock Marketing
- Devon County Council
- India Inc
- iTutor Group
- Lipson Cooperative Academy
- Maverick Arts Publishing
- Meade King Solicitors
- The National Trust
- West Country Schools Trust
Careers Service support
- effective career planning
- job hunting techniques
- finding part-time work
- CVs and interviews
- mastering LinkedIn
- and more.
Connect with graduates
- search LinkedIn for ‘University of Plymouth’
- select ‘Alumni’
- filter the results by subject, sector, company or location.
Other advice and guidance
Where could your degree subject take you?
Accounting and finance
Human resources management
Operations and supply chain management
Nutrition, exercise and health