Postgraduate Masters Loans (PGML)
|When the programme started|| Maximum loan fee amount
|On or after 1 August 2022|| £11,836*
|On or after August 2023|| £12,167*
Am I eligible for a postgraduate masters loan?
How to apply?
- You will not be eligible for Postgraduate Masters Loan if you have outstanding student loan arrears or have previously been found to be ‘unfit’ for student support (e.g. because of attempted fraud).
- You will not be eligible if you already have a Masters (or qualification equivalent or higher) degree already.
- A Postgraduate Masters Loan is not available to students wanting to ‘top-up’ a lower level qualification to a Masters degree. The course must be a full standalone master’s course.
- You must register for the full 180 credits in order to receive the loan. Prior Accredited learning cannot be used to reduce the number of credits taken.
- Postgraduate Masters Loans are not available for postgraduate level courses such as PgCert (Postgraduate Certificate), PgDip (Postgraduate Diploma) or where the postgraduate course is funded by undergraduate student finance, such as: ITT (Initial Teacher Training) or Integrated Masters.
Postgraduate Doctoral Loans (PGDL)
|When the programme started|| Maximum loan amount
|On or after 1 August 2022|| £27,892
|On or after 1 August 2023|| £28,673
Am I eligible for a postgraduate doctoral loan?
How do I apply for a loan?
Details of repayment requirements and the interest rate payable
Tuition fee discount for University of Plymouth graduates
- 10% or 20% discount on tuition fees for home students
- £2,000 discount on tuition fees for international students
Supporting students with the cost of living
Further advice and information
The Alternative Guide to Postgraduate Funding
This resource is recommended for anyone looking for alternative financial support towards funding postgraduate study. Current students can access by using their student email address and graduates or non-Plymouth students can also access the platform by typing in a PIN.
To access the platform, register with your email address and the following pin number if required: 8337. Once registered, you will be sent a password to gain full access.Find out more about the Alternative Guide