- Environment–society interactions
- Environmental processes and change
- Catchment and river science
- Environmental politics
- Urban/regional planning
- Environment, development and governance
- Cultural and human geographies
- Quaternary environments
- Society, culture and mobility
- Behaviour, ecology and evolution
Postgraduate research opportunities
Although you can do research in any of the areas above, you may wish to look at these programmes:
Postgraduate Research Coordinators
If you are thinking about becoming a postgraduate researcher at the University of Plymouth, you are welcome to contact the Postgraduate Research Coordinators in your field of interest.
They will discuss potential supervisors with you and answer any questions you might have about embarking on a research degree in their research area.
You may also be interested in:
How to apply for a research degree
Do you need more information about admissions requirements?
We offer a wide variety of degrees, including ResM research degrees, Professional Doctorates and MPhil and PhD doctorate opportunities.