- Event and experience marketing
- Sustainable tourism and ethical consumption
- Risk and crisis communication
- Cruise management
- Tourism employment
- Economic and social outcomes in destinations
- Animals, ethics and tourism
- Social tourism
- PR and reputational management
- Persuasion and behavioural change
- Senior/youth tourism development and management
- Travel writing in city branding
- Heritage management
- Health, safety and wellbeing in the events industry
Postgraduate Research Coordinators
If you are thinking about becoming a postgraduate researcher at the University of Plymouth, you are welcome to contact the Postgraduate Research Coordinators in your field of interest.
They will discuss potential supervisors with you and answer any questions you might have about embarking on a research degree in their research area.
How to apply for a research degree
Do you need more information about admissions requirements?
We offer a wide variety of degrees, including ResM research degrees, Professional Doctorates and MPhil and PhD doctorate opportunities.