Health, vulnerability and inequality
- Culture, community and society
- Parenting and child welfare
- Rural issues and community
- Social and public policy
- Wellbeing and poverty
Environment, culture and society
- Crime and bad behaviour
- Environment, development and governance
- Harms of hate and prejudice
- Histories of crime and criminalisation
- Marine and coastal policy
- Rural crime and crime control
Global instability and justice
- Crime, social exclusion and minorities
- EU regional policy and international environmental agreements
- Global governance and north–south relations
- Governance and crime
- Maritime policymaking and logistics
- Policing and community safety
- Probation and offender management
- Security and development in international affairs
- Urban and regional planning
- Urban living and the regulation of public space
Postgraduate Research Coordinators
If you are thinking about becoming a postgraduate researcher at the University of Plymouth, you are welcome to contact the Postgraduate Research Coordinators in your field of interest.
They will discuss potential supervisors with you and answer any questions you might have about embarking on a research degree in their research area.
How to apply for a research degree
Do you need more information about admissions requirements?
We offer a wide variety of degrees, including ResM research degrees, Professional Doctorates and MPhil and PhD doctorate opportunities.