- Coastal, ocean and sediment transport engineering
- Offshore renewable energy
- Tsunami hazards
- Offshore structures
- Composites engineering
- Cement and concrete materials
- Engineering materials and nanotechnology
- Biomedical engineering
- Marine engineering and autonomous marine systems
- Engineering and society
- Engineering education and pedagogy
- Engineering business management
- Disaster and hazard management
- Engineering and sustainable development
- Engineering theory and practice
- Industrial and engineering mathematics
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- Engineering geology and landslide risk assessment
Deborah Greaves, Head of Engineering
Read more about Professor Deborah GreavesMarine renewable energy has tremendous potential, but there are some significant challenges that need to be tackled if it is to meet its commercialisation targets
Postgraduate Research Coordinators
If you are thinking about becoming a postgraduate researcher at the University of Plymouth, you are welcome to contact the Postgraduate Research Coordinators in your field of interest.
They will discuss potential supervisors with you and answer any questions you might have about embarking on a research degree in their research area.
How to apply for a research degree
Do you need more information about admissions requirements?
We offer a wide variety of degrees, including ResM research degrees, Professional Doctorates and MPhil and PhD doctorate opportunities.