1. BB Mandelbrot, The Fractal Geometry of Nature, W.H. Freeman, New York, 1982. ISBN 0-7167-1186-9.
2. ImageJ: Image Processing and Analysis in Java, , accessed 19 February 2020.
3. A Karperien, Fractal Dimension and Lacunarity, 15 September 2015, , accessed 19 February 2020.
4. K Foroutan-Pour, P Dutilleul and D Smith, Advances in the implementation of the box-counting method of fractal dimension estimation, Applied Mathematics and Computation, Nov-Dec 1999, 105(2-3), 195-210.
5. R Pitchumani and B Ramakrishnan, A fractal geometry model for evaluating permeabilities of porous preforms used in liquid composite molding, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 1 June 1999, 42(12), 2219-2232.
6. A Borges and M Peleg, Determination of the apparent fractal dimension of the force displacement curves of brittle snacks by four different algorithms, Journal of Texture Studies, July 1996, 27(2), 243-255.
7. E Damrau, M Normand and M Peleg, Effect of resolution on the apparent fractal dimension of jagged force-displacement relationships and other irregular signatures, Journal of Food Engineering, February 1997, 31(2), 171-184.
8. NRL Pearce, J Summerscales and FJ Guild, The use of automated image analysis for the investigation of fabric architecture on the processing and properties of fibre reinforced composites produced by RTM, Composites Part A, July 1998, 29A(7), 829-837.
9. NRL Pearce, Process-property-fabric architecture relationships in fibre-reinforced composites, PhD thesis, University of Plymouth, Plymouth, 2001.
10. NRL Pearce, J Summerscales and FJ Guild, Improving the resin transfer moulding process for fabric-reinforced composites by modification of the fabric architecture, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, December 2000, 31(12), 1433-1441.
11. J Summerscales, FJ Guild, NRL Pearce and PM Russell, Voronoi cells, fractal dimensions and fibre composites, Journal of Microscopy, February 2001, 201(2) 153-162.
12. J Summerscales, PM Russell, S Lomov, I Verpoest and RS Parnas, The fractal dimension of X-ray tomographic sections of a woven composite, Advanced Composites Letters, 1 March 2004, 13(2), 113–121.
13. AS Mahmood, MN James and J Summerscales, Process-property-performance relationships in CFRP composites using fractal dimension, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, September 2018, 388, 012013.
14. AS Mahmood, Processing-performance relationships for fibre-reinforced composites, PhD thesis, University of Plymouth, Plymouth, 2016.
15. Q Labrosse, CP Hoppins and J Summerscales, Objective assessment of the surface quality of coated surfaces, Insight, January 2011, 53(1), 16-20.
16. D Piasecki and J Summerscales, Characterisation of reinforcement fabrics by fractal dimension, SAMPE Europe Conference 2018, Society for the Advancement of Materials and Process Engineering, Southampton UK, 11-13 September 2018.
17. J Summerscales, Fibre Distribution and the Process-Property Dilemma, Chapter 11 in P Beaumont, C Soutis and A Hodzic (editors), The Structural Integrity of Carbon Fibre Composites, Springer, 2017, pp. 301-317. ISBN 978-3-319-46118-2.