For daily commuting, 60% of staff and 81% of non-halls students travel sustainably to University by bike, foot or public transport (taken from 2019 survey).
• Work to reduce the need for business travel through video conferencing and other smarter working practices.
• Encourage staff and student commuting by walking, cycling, and public transport.
• Support wider city incentives and plans on sustainable travel, including for pool ebikes and electric cars.
• Switch our fleet vehicles to electric as and when viable opportunities arise.
• Promote incentives to reduce the proportion of single occupancy car drivers for staff and students not living in University accommodation.
• Monitor and review business travel annually.
• Reduce average business travel to below 0.12kg CO2e per mile by 2030.
• To half student and staff commuting emissions compared to a 2016-17 baseline of 641 KgCO2e per staff member, and 199 KgCO2e per student by 2027.