Our students are calling for a curriculum and HE experience that has sustainability at its heart; supporting their development of attributes and expertise that enables them to meet wellbeing needs and make a difference locally, nationally and globally (NUS 2018).
Plymouth’s vision is to grow our international reputation for being a centre of excellence in sustainability teaching and learning. We have an exciting team of staff, students, alumni and community partners helping to continue this pioneering work. Called the Centre for Sustainable Futures (CSF), this community of practice is led by Dr Paul Warwick and extends across all faculties of the University.
If you have a spark of interest in being part of CSF and helping to take this great educational work forwards through your teaching, studying or volunteering then we would love to work with you.
- Biodiversity at a Crossroads | Research Festival 2020 20 January 2020 08:30 - 17:00
- Sustainable agriculture | Research Festival 2020 21 January 2020 09:00 - 12:00
- Natural buildings of the future | Research Festival 2020 22 January 2020 09:00 - 12:00
- Understanding the marine environment for a sustainable ocean economy | Research Festival 2020 22 January 2020 09:00 - 16:00
- Natural capital for clean growth | Research Festival 2020 23 January 2020 09:00 - 17:00
- £2.6million project helps Devon enterprises respond to the climate emergency 18 December 2019
- New research project launched to tackle the issue of food waste 29 November 2019
- University of Plymouth awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for world-leading microplastics work 21 November 2019
- University of Plymouth takes lead role in national Climate Commission 13 November 2019
- University expert contributes to new BBC series Seven Worlds, One Planet 23 October 2019