104 - 112
Diversity and accessibility are really important to us and so we audition all of our candidates, UK-based and international in a way that works for you and for free.
You may choose to come to one of our audition days at our fully accessible studios and theatres or, if you have specific mobility requirements, if the costs of travel are prohibitive for you, if you work full time or if you live abroad, you might like to take part in one of our innovative ‘digital auditions’.
Digital auditions are individual, real-time online auditions in which you will work one-on-one with a member of our teaching staff. This option allows us to reach out to talented applicants who are not in a position to travel.
Whether you come onsite to audition or whether you audition on line you will have the same welcoming and inclusive experience.
All applicants will be asked to perform two, short contrasting theatre monologues.
We’re not just looking for talent, we also want to see:
- a serious, ongoing commitment to an acting career in the professional theatre
- trainable vocal, physical and imaginative/emotional skills
- potential that you'll benefit from the study in acting offered at Plymouth
- an ability to understand, interpret and embody a dramatic text
- an ability to participate actively in group or ensemble situations
- a readiness to take risks in creative work, and an open, receptive and enquiring mind
- enthusiasm and readiness for hard, rigorous work requiring sustained concentration
- a sense of language and rhythm, and the potential for identification with the thought process of a dramatic text
- the ability to portray and inhabit an imagined or fictional situation
- physical, vocal and imaginative/emotional skills with significant theatrical potential.
No props or scripts to be used at the audition.
Applicants will typically hold 104 points or above but we encourage all individuals to apply whatever their qualifications. We understand that not every applicant will come from a formal educational setting and we recognise relevant experience and passion and not just grades when we review applications.
26 points. If overseas and not studying English within IB, must have IELTS 6.0 overall with 5.5 in all other elements.
As a standard, all applicants are required to interview before an offer is made.
English language requirements:
You will need fluent written and spoken English (equivalent to IELTS level 6.0 with 5.5 in all elements). Given the nature of the course, you’ll be expected to read, perform and engage with complex texts and debates for which fluency in English is essential.
View detailed English language requirements.
We welcome applicants with international qualifications. To view other accepted qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.
BTEC National Diploma modules:
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC. Without this information we may be unable to process your application quickly and you could experience significant delays in the progress of your application to study with us. Please explicitly state the full list of modules within your qualification at the time of application.
If you're applying through UCAS you'll receive full details, but if you'd like to know more, please contact admissions.
Merit in any subject.
For a full list of all acceptable qualifications please refer to our tariff glossary.