Our season from September 2023
The Arts Institute is the curated public arts programme of the University of Plymouth which plays a pivotal role in building culture and art in the city and South West region, supporting established, new and emerging artists from around the world.
It comprises The Levinsky Gallery, a space for engaging, contemporary artworks; the Jill Craigie Cinema which screens a diverse range of classic films and contemporary cinematic masterpieces; a cutting-edge theatre and dance programme in The House; musical performances and concerts, and a year-long series of fascinating talks that open up a world of art, literature and history.
Open to everybody.
Contact us: email@example.com
The Arts Institute's public programme promotes audience engagement, access to the arts, and directly supports emerging and established artists' careers. Please consider a donation to support development and delivery of our programme.
What's on this season
- Orchestra December Concert 2 December 2023 19:30 - 21:00
- The Abyss (15) 4 December 2023 19:00 - 21:15
- Bitesize: Poetry and Blue Humanities 5 December 2023 13:00 - 13:45
- Artist Talk: Speculations and Unravelments 6 December 2023 13:00 - 13:45
- University of Plymouth Choral Society Christmas Concert 9 December 2023 19:30 - 21:15
The Musica Viva Concert Series brings internationally acclaimed performers to our Plymouth community to inspire, educate, challenge, and unite audiences by presenting world-class musicians in public concert performances, open rehearsals, and informal talks.
Latest news from The Arts Institute
- Season of films to celebrate enduring filmmakers is coming to Plymouth's arts scene 3 November 2023
- Musica Viva launches new season 14 September 2023
- Dive into our arts programme for 2023-24 4 September 2023
- Exhibition aims to celebrate the connection between lives and landscapes 10 February 2023
- University set to host unique multi-art festival in celebration of Expressionism 17 February 2022
We are proud to have hosted a diverse range of contemporary art and culture supporting established, new and emerging artists from around the world.
Contact The Arts Institute
The Arts Institute, Roland Levinsky Building, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 8AA
The Levinsky Gallery, Monday–Friday 10:00–17:00, Saturday 12:00–17:00, Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays