Featuring exhibitions from world-renowned artists alongside new arts stars of tomorrow; based in the University's Roland Levinsky Building, The Levinsky Gallery offers a sometimes provocative, sometimes beautiful and always thought-provoking experience.
All exhibitions are free and include associated events for you to learn more about the artists and exhibits through gallery tours and artist and curator talks, as well as fun events for all the family.
Previously featured artists include Turner prize winning artists Lubaina Himid and Douglas Gordon, award winning artists Tacita Dean and Vija Celmins, leading graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff and internationally acclaimed artist and sculptor Peter Randall-Page.
The Arts Institute is committed to supporting artist development and the creation of new work, regularly commissioning artists working across all art forms.
Tuesday - Friday 10:00 - 17:00
Saturday - Sunday 12:00 - 17:00
Closed Mondays (including Bank Holiday Mondays)
The Arts Institute's public programme promotes audience engagement, access to the arts, and directly supports emerging and established artists' careers. Please consider a donation to support development and delivery of our programme.
More from The Arts Institute
- f "A fantastic opportunity to see established and upcoming artists. An amazing space!"
- . "Beautiful and inspiring work by Jem Southam!"
- t "One of my favourites! Beautiful, subtle and atmospheric." (on Birds, Rocks, Rivers, Islands: Jem Southam)
- i "An incredibly uplifting yoga session in the gallery this evening, amongst some of Trevor Bell's finest works!"
- . "Absolutely stunning exhibition. Thank you so much for bringing it to Plymouth." (on Thinking Tantra)
Visit The Levinsky Gallery
The Arts Institute, Roland Levinsky Building, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 7LG
Tuesday – Sunday 10:00–17:00 (closed Mondays)