The University is in the process of switching the research grant pre-award process (encompassing project costing, peer review and approval) from paper-based to fully electronic and online.
The new tool is called Award Manager and sits within Unit 4 Business World (Agresso). It provides instant access to real-time data about research activities, allows for split costing between schools and departments and streamlines the approval process.
To access Award Manager, log in to Business World (Agresso) via Corporate Self Service then select ‘Award Management’ from the options on the left hand side.
If you do not have ‘Award Management’ among the options on the left hand side please contact the Funding Advisory Service who will provide you with access to the system.
In the future a project setup wizard will allow you to enter your costing request directly into the system; however, currently you should continue to use the Project Costing Request form and send this to the Funding Advisory Service.
Which role do you need guidance for?
- Principal Investigator - I need a new costing for my research proposal.
- Peer Reviewer - I have been asked to complete the institutional peer review step for an application.
- Approver - I need to review costings for an application and consider it for approval.
Support and training
Colleagues in R&I are available to help you get up to speed with using the new Award Manager system. You can either speak with the Funding Advisory Service directly, attend a drop-in session or request a bespoke session for your faculty, school or research group.
- Drop-in sessions for any general queries will be held weekly - please contact the Funding Advisory Service for the Zoom link. Sessions are currently scheduled for the 29th October and the 3rd November both at 11 am.
- To organise a bespoke session please contact Ulrike Richards.
For further training delivered by R&I, please see our courses page.