- search thousands of open calls from UK, EU and global funders,
- save time building customised searches,
- receive weekly email alerts, tailored to your interests,
- access the latest issue of Research Fortnight,
- share any relevant content with colleagues.
All our staff and students have access to the service through the University of Plymouth site licence.
Individuals can register and create a Research Professional account, using their University email address.
Users can then access the service, bookmark content, setup personal saved searches and activate the email alerts function.
Accessing the service
You need to create a
Research Professional account to access features.
To register a new account:
- Go to ResearchProfessional.com
- Select 'Plymouth Unversity' from the drop-down menu in the log in page and insert your institutional log in details. After this, the system will provide three options:
1. Continue as a 'guest' (access to the page but can't save searches or create alerts)
2. Link to an existing Research Professional Account3. Create a new account.
If you have any issues with creating an account, please contact email@example.com
Guidance on setting up email alerts can be found in the Help resources below. You can also request support directly from Research Professional through this link.
See the Help section of ResearchProfessional.com to access a wide range of Help topics:
A range of help videos for users are available on YouTube (go to *Research Professional End User Videos under 'Created Playlists'): Research Professional's Channel
Research Professional runs a series of live online broadcast training sessions. Each session will provide an introduction to the Research Professional platform, demonstrate how to locate funding opportunities that match your interests and show how to set up email alerts to keep you informed of new developments.
You can view these demonstrations from your own PC and choose to receive sound either via you computer’s mic and speakers, or by phoning in to a voice conference. You will be able to ask the presenter questions using a text chat feature.
Live online broadcast training, for networked subscription sessions, take place on the fourth Tuesday of each month between 10:00am and 11:00am (UK time).
For further information and to register on a session visit: Broadcast Demonstrations
For details see R & I Courses. If you are a member of staff, or a student, and would like to organise a training session for a group contact us.