- Search thousands of open calls from UK, EU and global funders.
- Save time building customised searches.
- Receive weekly email alerts, tailored to your interests.
- Access the latest issue of Research Fortnight.
- Share any relevant content with colleagues.
All our staff and students have campus and VPN access to the service through the University of Plymouth site licence.
Individuals can register and create a Research Professional account, using their University email address. Users can then access the service off campus, bookmark content, setup personal saved searches and activate the email alerts function.
Accessing the service
You need to create a
Research Professional account to access features, do not try to login with your University account details.
To register a new account:
- Make sure you are on campus and logged into the university portal.
- Go to ResearchProfessional.com.
- On the top right hand side of the home page, click on Register.
- Provide the details requested and click OK.
- When you log in to ResearchProfessional, your username is your university email.
Guidance on setting up email alerts can be found in the Help resources below.
Once you create your account, you can use your University login details by selecting University of Plymouth from the list of institutions in the drop-down menu on the left hand side of the log in page. To enable this, you will need to link your *RP account with your University of Plymouth credentials. Please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your *Research Professional account
- Select your name in the right hand corner
- Click edit your profile
- In the lower section click on the link: 'Link to your Plymouth University account'
- Provide your university login details
See the Help section of ResearchProfessional.com to access a wide range of Help topics:
A range of help videos for both users and workgoup editors are available on YouTube: Research Professional's Channel
Research Professional runs a series of live online broadcast training sessions. Each session will provide an introduction to the Research Professional platform, demonstrate how to locate funding opportunities that match your interests and show how to set up email alerts to keep you informed of new developments.
You can view these demonstrations from your own PC and choose to receive sound either via you computer’s mic and speakers, or by phoning in to a voice conference. You will be able to ask the presenter questions using a text chat feature.
Live online broadcast training, for networked subscription sessions, take place on the fourth Tuesday of each month between 10:00am and 11:00am (UK time).
For further information and to register on a session visit: Broadcast Demonstrations
For details see the Research Support Programme. If you are a member of staff, or a student, and would like to organise a training session for a group contact us.