International students

Welcome to Plymouth University and congratulations on taking the first step towards studying with us. 

We're sure you've got lots of questions. You'll find the answers to some of those we're most frequently asked below as well as links to other pages that will help and contact details to help you discover more.

I'm worried I might struggle with the language. The teachers at our English Language Centre have many years of experience working with English language learners in the UK and around the world. You'll find a range of courses to help you operate effectively and confidently. We'll help you to develop your English language skills and your study skills so that you can fulfil your potential in your studies at Plymouth University.

Who will help me before I arrive and while I'm studying? A dedicated team of international student advisors will provide information about life at the University, as well as helping you to make preparations before you arrive. We're here to offer advice throughout your University career, from the day you accept an offer to study with us, right through to graduation. Contact them if you need help on

How can I broaden my horizons and travel the world? See your academic subject from another perspective, meet different people and experience new things. As a student at Plymouth University you'll have access to lots of ways to experience life in another country through exchange, placement and summer school opportunities. You can also find out more about our relationships and partnerships with other institutions around the world. 

I am a Tier 4 student and have some questions about the UK Home Office. The expert Compliance team are here to help. They look after our international student enrolments and sponsorship duties and will keep you up to date with what you need to do to meet University and UK Immigration Policies. 

Not found the answer you were looking for? Find out more about our waterfront city, how to apply and life as an international student in Plymouth or get in touch.