Moving to the UK to study

International student on a daytrip to Mount Edgcumbe, overlooking Plymouth Sound

It’s so easy to meet and establish friendships with people of different cultures, nationalities and upbringings at the University – all it takes is to approach a person and a conversation will ignite.


Get ready to travel

We are here to help you:
  • check you have all the documents you need to enter the country 
  • know what to do after you arrive
  • decide how much luggage and money to bring
  • arrange your accommodation
  • learn when to take each step of the application and enrolment process before travelling.
<p>International students waiting in an airport<br></p>

Working in the UK

<p>Two young men working in a coffee shop or cafe<br></p>

Working during your studies

As an international student with immigration permission, you are allowed to have a part-time job in addition to your studies, but there may be restrictions on the type of work you can do and how many hours you can work. You should also understand your rights and obligations as a worker in the UK.

Geography labs


Working after your studies

After you graduate, you may want to stay in the UK and find a full-time job. This will usually mean getting a new visa or applying for settled status. The type of permission you need to work will depend on your circumstances and the kind of work you can do.