It’s so easy to meet and establish friendships with people of different cultures, nationalities and upbringings at the University – all it takes is to approach a person and a conversation will ignite.
We are International Plymouth
This is the opportunity of a lifetime to immerse yourself in a different culture, enjoy an independent student lifestyle, and make new friends with locals and other people from around the world. Our staff aim to help you make the most of your time here.
Life as a student in Plymouth
Nestled between the ever-changing sea and famously beautiful countryside, Plymouth gives you the perfect chance to explore life in and outside of the city. You could not hope for a better place to experience unique and authentic British culture.
Get ready to travel
- check you have all the documents you need to enter the country
- know what to do after you arrive
- decide how much luggage and money to bring
- arrange your accommodation
- learn when to take each step of the application and enrolment process before travelling.
Our advice for starting your studies in the UK
- THave the correct documents
- HHave the correct visa
- 1Make your studies your top priority
- _If you have dependants, make the right arrangements for them
- ÄEnsure you can speak English to the required standard
- ]Bring only the luggage you can carry
- *Bring enough money (GBP) to last until you can open a UK bank account
- 'Arrange accommodation from the day you will arrive
How did living and studying in the UK change your life?
"Practical, research-based teaching helped me to grow and inspire change"
Ram Kushawaha, MSc Mechanical Engineering Design
"My course has inspired me to pursue a career in genetics and DNA"
Niccolet Guerrero, BSc (Hons) Conservation Biology