All of our Summer Schools have scheduled time built into the programme for you to take a break from studying to explore our beautiful surroundings. These may include visiting a South West zoo, a beautiful stately home, the worlds largest rainforest in captivity and finishing it all with a weekend in our capital city, London.
University of Plymouth Summer School
20 July-17 August 2020
Enjoy a mixture of academic challenges and social activities on our University of Plymouth Summer School: the perfect way to visit our beautiful city and to get your first taste of university life in the UK.
We offer daily EFL (English as a foreign language) lessons as well as lectures and practical sessions which may include:
- hands-on leadership and management
- robotics demonstrations
- media arts and product design classes
- an exciting explosions session.
International Business Summer School
27 July-17 August 2020
Taught by our School of Business academics and industry specialists with incredible international lecturing experience, you'll gain an insight into leadership, entrepreneurship and cross-cultural communication.
Explore strategic and cultural issues in depth.
You may also examine:
- international business strategy
- cultural diversity and cross-cultural competencies
- how culture affects leadership styles, coaching and mentoring
- international marketing and the cultural implications
- the challenges of being entrepreneurial.
Art, Design and Architecture Summer School
3-17 August 2020
The School of Art, Design and Architecture will provide you with a unique experience to explore and develop your creativity, knowledge and practice. Our programme is fast-paced and hands-on with lots of practical team-work and collaboration.
You will undertake a series of studio/workshop projects to explore a number of creative assignments that deal with social, environmental and cultural issues. This may include:
- fine, media and digital arts, product design and architectural classes
- fieldwork in and around Plymouth
- student-led classes and teamwork
- idea generating techniques, sketch modelling, drawing, image manipulation,
- making a film, audio effects creation, plug-and-play electronics, web-based
- media and mobile applications
- think outside the box and think entrepreneurially
- the opportunity to present and document your project in portfolios.
Throughout your stay with us you will have our dedicated team of student ambassadors on hand to help you to navigate your way around your new surroundings, assist you to plan your free time, show you around our campus and city as well as be a friend for you from the moment you land here in the UK.
Our student ambassadors will live you in your halls of residence, eat their breakfast and lunch with you as well as help plan social activities in the evenings – you’ll be making friends for life!
How to apply
The application process for all our summer schools is very simple; complete our short application form at the bottom of this page and return via email to email@example.com along with any relevant supporting documents such as English Language qualifications;
We are currently open and accepting applications for all our summer schools.The deadlines for applications are as follows:
University of Plymouth Summer School: Monday 1 June 2020
International Business Summer School: Monday 8 June 2020
Art, Design and Architecture Summer School: Monday 15 June 2020
"The Summer School programme organised by the University of Plymouth was an eventful experience which I consider a lifetime opportunity to have been part of."
Nataliya Dondeenu, National School of Business Management, NSBM Green University, Sri Lanka
While the University aims to provide the summer school programmes described on the website this does not represent a binding commitment and the University reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to cancel any programmes if minimum students numbers are not achieved.