Buildings on the University's main campus

Applying for a postgraduate taught programme

Complete the application form online:

Completing your application

It is important to include all the necessary information so we can process your application as quickly as possible. Please complete all sections of the form.
You will need to upload:
  • Copies of all of your qualifications to date (for example, your high school diploma, first degree certificate and full transcripts). If you have not yet completed your first degree, you can still apply.
  • Two references, at least one of which must be from an academic who has taught you.
  • A copy of the information page of your current passport (inform us immediately if you get a new passport at any time before you come to the UK to study).
  • A copy of any previous or current UK visa.
  • Any English language qualification you have (for example, IELTS or PTE Academic). See our English language requirements on our country information sheets or email us at for details of other tests accepted.
  • Your curriculum vitae (CV) or résumé detailing relevant work experience, if you feel it will contribute to your application.
  • Your personal statement. This is a short essay or letter, written by you and explaining your reasons for applying to the University. Explain why you feel the University should offer you a place on the course, using previous study and work experience, as well as your personal interests, to support this. Make particular and detailed reference to the degree course you are applying for.

Your offer letter

Conditional offer letters will be sent to you by email, so make sure you put your current email address on your application form and check this email regularly. Your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) will also be sent to you by email after all the conditions of your offer have been met. 

Next steps

Once your conditions have been met, we will need your £3,500 tuition fee deposit (please note that this deposit amount is subject to change). Then we will send you the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). You will need your CAS if you need to apply for a Student visa to study in the UK.
We are a licenced Student visa sponsor under the Points-Based Immigration System. To comply with our duties as a Student visa sponsor, we are required to check other aspects of your application in addition to your academic achievements, such as any previous studies and your immigration history in the UK or other countries. 
Smeaton's Tower on Plymouth Hoe