Our geography degrees are all accredited by the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG). This means that they have been independently evaluated for their quality and the skills that they provide our graduates. This means that students graduating from geography at Plymouth can demonstrate:
- proven practical experience, from the field and other experiential learning opportunities,
- skills in, and knowledge of, a range of methodological approaches,
- the capacity for independent study and research,
- substantive depth of knowledge in a sub-field of the discipline, including appropriate skills to support that knowledge,
- effective communication to a range of audiences,
- a range of academic and transferable skills, such as the ability to find and interpret information, and make use of a range of information and communication technologies,
- the development of a range of personal attributes and qualities relevant to the world beyond higher education.
Students on our degree courses benefit from being taught by research active geographers. This means that modules designed and led by academics are at the forefront of current expertise in geography as well as wider updates within the discipline. With access to expert staff, experienced field work leaders and dedicated facilities our graduates maximise the benefit of an RGS-IBG accredited Plymouth degree. Our students develop key academic knowledge as well as independent research and employability skills to support them in further study and the work place.