This event was held on 5 February 2019
Research and Innovation are delighted to announce the next UK Research Office (UKRO) briefing for University staff and researchers.
Małgorzata Czerwiec, our European Advisor from the UK Research Office in Brussels, will provide an update on Brexit, Horizon Europe and the remaining calls for Horizon 2020. Successful Plymouth grant holders will share their experiences and there will be an opportunity to put questions about Brexit to our panel.
9:30–10:00: Registration and networking, tea and coffee
10:00–10:05: Welcome (Professor Jerry Roberts)
10:05–11:00: (Małgorzata Czerwiec)
- Brexit - update on developments
- Horizon 2020 - 2019–2020 Work Programme
11:00–11:20: Plymouth case study: Sharing experiences from a successful Horizon 2020 project ‘Advanced Cyber-Threat Intelligence, Detection, and Mitigation Platform for a Trusted Internet of Things’ (Dr Stavros Shiaeles)
11:30–12:10: (Małgorzata Czerwiec)
- Horizon Europe – latest developments
- Navigating the new
12:10–12:20: What Brexit means for researchers – support for EU staff in Plymouth, how Brexit affects British staff going to Europe (HR representative)
12:20–12:40: Plymouth case study: Sharing experiences from his successful Horizon 2020 project FRESH AIR (Dr Rupert Jones)
12:40–13:00: Q&A panel - an opportunity to ask questions and share experiences, observations and perceptions of Brexit from different perspectives (Panel - Małgorzata Czerwiec, Adrian Dawson, Professor Jerry Roberts, Dr Rupert Jones)
13:00–14:00: Lunch and networking14:00–15:00: Bookable 15 minute sessions to discuss project ideas or specific issues (e.g. grant agreements, open access, research data management, finance, ethics) with UKRO
To book a place, please email email@example.com
Czerwiec, European Advisor, UK Research Office (Brussels)
- Adrian Dawson, Director of Research
- Professor Jerry Roberts, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research and Enterprise
- Dr Stavros Shiaeles, Lecturer in Cyber Security, School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics, Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Dr Rupert Jones, Associate Professor (Research), Clinical Trials and Health Research – Institute of Translational and Stratified Medicine (Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry)
- Ewa Thompson, Specialist Advisor, Research and Innovation.